16

Heyyy everyone, I'm so glad your all enjoying my book it means so much to me and has given me so much motivation to keep writing. Well here's the chapter we've all been waiting for. Time for Avery to show her fighting skills!!!!

Avery's POV

I woke up to feeling arms wrap themselves around me and me being lifted up into the air. I couldn't be bothered opening my eyes to see who it was but I was curious to know who's muscly arms these were. I felt myself being laid onto my bed but there was no sound of footsteps meaning that they were still in the room.

As I was about to open my eyes I felt the bed dip and the breath of someone above my face getting closer and closer, causing me to freeze. His lips touched my cheek while his hand stroked my jawline lightly. My insides completely melted at the gesture which kind of gave me an idea of who it was.  Crap, I need to see if I'm right. He finally backed away, slowly might I add, so I quickly peeked to see his face and was surprised to find that I was right.

Ryan.

He walked towards the door so I shut my eyes again so he wouldn't notice I saw him. The door opened and I barely made out his whisper before the door shut again.

"Why'd you do this to me?"

Well I didn't know what to think of this. Maybe he was just acting in the heat of the moment or I just looked super good so he couldn't resist? I mean we're barely friends so I seriously doubt he likes me.

Even though I like him.

******

I woke up to someone knocking the door and Ray peered his head through the door telling me that dinner was ready. I told him to give me a minute so I could freshen up so he left me to it. My head swam as I recalled the dream I just had which involved Ryan being all affectionate towards me and him being really sweet and cringy. It was horrible, ugh. Like don't get me wrong sweet guys are awesome, but I can't really imagine Ryan writing me a letter everyday and buying me chocolates and flowers and telling me how 'beautiful' I look. Just the thought of it makes me shiver in disgust. Gross.

STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM -Subconscious mind

I CAN'T HELP IT OKAY?! -Me

JUST THINK ABOUT OTHER THINGS. DISTRACT YOURSELF -Subconscious mind

Okay thanks for the support mini me!!! -Me

No problem :/ -Subconscious mind

That was a great help, note sarcasm.

Walking into the dining room, everyone was already sitting but had not started eating. They must be waiting for me I guess.

"Hey, I overslept guys" I sheepishly said while taking my seat which has now permanently become by Brandon and Cameron. Opposite me sits Raymond and his Mother who is to the side of their Dad. At the end of the table opposite him is Ryan.

"That's fine Avery honey, now we can finally eat together." Stacey said while giving me a smile.

"Great because I'm starvvinggggg!!" Cameron said while emphasising on the 'starving', dramatic much. The family laughed at him while I simply stared at my plate, ignoring him.

He is such a betrayer, I mean, who does he think he is getting with the enemy?! Well, my enemy. I'll forgive him after I get my revenge. And I'm totally going to enjoy that.

"So today I received a call from your school.." Trevor started with narrowed eyes. I micro-paused playing my food to look up at his annoyed expression. Uh oh.