28

I just wanted to give a shoutout to those real O.G's who stuck with this book since day 1 and always comment positive and lovely things about the book. You guys have been one of the main reasons I keep writing and never lose motivation. Thank you for being so patient and kind, I will try my best to repay you with awesome chapters but I really wanted to express my love specifically to you guys xx 

P.S. To my new yet faithful readers I love you all too, thank you xx

****************

Avery's POV

"That was fun" I stated to the three Parkinson boys as we walked back inside. 

Ryan rolled his eyes at me, knowing what I meant and I gave him a sheepish grin and winked.

*****Flashback to 2 hours ago *****

We spent the rest of the afternoon at a local diner. The boys were mainly chatting and catching up on everything that has been going on in each other's lives since the fall out. 

The group was initially all seated together, but then after an hour everyone went off into different duos and had separate conversations.

Cameron and Oscar were mainly chatting with each other and I totally understood why they were best friends. Oscar likes pulling pranks, and it was clear that Cameron used to be the main target of these pranks. Cameron was that typical bad boy that caught everyones attention, and Oscar was his mischievous best friend. They looked to have a really strong friendship, especially since they kept using code words when communicating and every time I asked what it meant they gave each other a look, almost like they were chatting through their eyes. Those two were definitely trouble makers, so I had to step up my game if I wanted to stand a chance against their pranks.

James and Jacob surprised me as a duo however. They didn't seem to have a best friend relationship. Instead, it looked like Jacob protected James from others. They had a similar physique, but Jacob was definitely more built in terms of muscles while James simply looked like a marshmallow. I noticed that whenever James kept whining or complaining about something, instead of arguing with him, Jacob would simply give him advice to resolve it or would sort it out himself. Basically, the way a mother talks to her baby son. It was cute. 

I was sat next to Ryan, who was seated opposite to Luke. And let me just say this, their "friendship" was 100% the one that shocked me the most. 

Luke, who had acted like a cold, reserved and badass type around us was the COMPLETE opposite around Ryan. My jaw was on the floor half the time while I watched their interaction.

It started off like any normal catchup. They were asking each other about life, family, education, holidays, all that rubbish. Then it got.... weird to say the least. 

In the middle of chatting about his recent holiday, Luke suddenly started tearing up and full on sobbing saying how hard life has been without Ryan. The other guys had already split into duos, so it was just me and them. And like I said before, I don't do well with emotional people so I reacted the way any insane person would.

I burst out laughing.

To make it even worse, I started pointing at his face and rolling on the floor, drawing the attention of the whole diner. 

Luke managed to cover his face in time so no one really saw him crying, but when I finished my laughing session (10 minutes later) I was faced with two stoic expressions. Luke looked like he wanted to strangle me while Ryan was trying hard to hold in his laugh too but I saw the slight smirk he gave. 

"Cupcake maybe you should go sit somewhere else while I deal with this..." Ryan said, sounding like he didn't want to make me move but Luke's sniffling brought us back to reality.