32

Avery's POV

"Ugh, what the f*ck happened?!" I groaned in pain and clutched my aching head.

My eyes were tightly shut as I was trying to recollect my thoughts.

Theo, escaping, shooting gang members, old ugly man, knocked out again, camera on forehead...

Camera on forehead!

I quickly brushed my fingers over my forehead but no longer felt the camera. Shit, they must've found it or it fell off at some point.

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked several times to adjust to the surroundings. I saw that I was in a king sized bedroom that was decorated in black and red silk. I rolled my eyes, wow this man is so creative. Someone has clearly been watching fifty shades of grey on repeat.

"Avery" Someone whispered and I turned to see Theo sat on the corner of the bed I was resting on looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"Theo" I smiled at him, and he smiled slightly. I sat up using my elbows and crossed my legs over each other. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly, noticing the pain in his eyes.

His smile faltered and I saw his lips quiver.

Shit.

I shuffled closer to him and wrapped him around my arms in worry. Something was clearly wrong as he wouldn't stop shaking in my arms. I rubbed his back until he calmed down and he pulled away sniffling.

"What's wrong?" I asked calmly, trying not to trigger him. He breathed harshly and avoided my eyes.

"My uncle, he's p-planing t-to r-rape you." He choked, looking sickly pale.

I froze in place and my eyes widened in shock.

"What" I whispered, unable to hide the fear behind my voice.

Theo looked at me in pity and shook his head with a foul look on his face.

"He asked me to watch over you while he... prepares himself. I tried to delay the whole thing till you'd get better or till someone rescues you but he wouldn't listen! He wants you today, in an hour..." He drawled out and I clenched my fists.

"That sick f*cker is going to regret the day he kidnapped me." I growled and glared at the floor.

"I wish I could help you more, I wish I wasn't so useless. If I was stronger I would've been able to fight beside you and protect you from my stupid uncle! We could've escaped if I wasn't such a... a stupid kid!" He threw his hands on his face in frustration.

I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my lips at the sight of him. He sounded more like a kid now than he ever did and it was kind of adorable.

For some reason, whenever I looked at Theo it made me think of Brandon despite them looking completely opposite in terms of features and their large age gap too. But, for whatever reason, this is how I imagined Brandon would be like as a teen and it makes me feel a sense of comfort whenever I'm near Theo.

He looked up at me in shock. "Are you seriously laughing?! In the middle of my breakdown too!?" He sputtered and I laughed harder.

"I'm sorry!" I wiped away a tear and grinned at him. "You're so cute, you know?"

He groaned in annoyance and I winked at him.

"Anyway, we need to get outta here before your crazy uncle comes to rape me and make me his wife. Do you have any weapons?" I hopped off the bed and stretched my legs and arms. Theo shook his head.