26

Avery's POV

Since today was a Monday, our behavioural classes were back on with Chase.

After the assembly, Principle Daniel dismissed us all quickly as he noticed we weren't really paying attention. I was too busy glaring at Luke, but at the same time was distracted with Ryan sat next to me.

I hadn't seen him for a while, but he looked better than ever and all I wanted was to stare at his face all day. That sounds so creepy, but it's true.

I was completely absorbed in that boy.

And I hated it.

I was never EVER this weak around anyone and knowing how he could destroy me in a second with one word, really bothered me. But I wasn't about to let that ruin my relationship with him.

Speaking of our relationship, I didn't want to tell people straight away because I know it's gonna cause a hell of a lot of drama and I don't think my mental state is ready for all the fights to come.

As we walked out the assembly hall, Luke had stormed away without telling the group whilst the rest of us stood there awkwardly. I told the Parkinson's I'd see them at lunch and Ryan gave me a look like he didn't want to leave me. I gave him a reassuring smile when no one was paying attention and he seemed to calm down a bit. I walked off with the group to our lessons.

"What's wrong with Luke?" Rosa asked, looking at me curiously.

"He got moody because the Parkinson's sat with us during assembly" I replied shrugging my shoulders.

Oscar and James were busy tripping each other up randomly, but stopped messing around when I mentioned the Parkinson's.

"Oh yeah! Why did they sit beside us!? I mean I know you live with them... but I didn't realise you guys were close." Oscar said.

I sighed. I don't get why they're all reacting like this! I mean maybe during school I avoided the Parkinson's like the plague, but that doesn't automatically mean I don't hang out with them! To be honest, I see why they're shocked since they hardly know what goes on behind closed doors.

"I got close with them over the break. We're friends now." I said and continued walking when they all froze abruptly.

I turned back to them when I realised they hadn't followed me.

"What?" I said innocently.

"You're FRIENDS with them!?" James asked with his mouth open in shock

"Yeah what's the problem?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Urmmm Avery you know we don't really like them..." Oscar stated.

"And?"

"And what?" He said sounding confused

"If you don't like them fine, but that hasn't got anything to do with me so don't bother convincing me otherwise" I turned around and kept walking to class, leaving them standing there speechless.

I don't care if I came off harshly. They're being so dramatic and acting like they can control who I befriend. Let's be real its not like I could have a long-lasting feud with a family I LIVE with over something that happened when I wasn't even there!

I've started to like the Parkinson's... one in particular... and I'm not going to let some petty opinions get in the way of that.

But I also like Oscar, James, Rosa and Luke.

So the only way to solve this problem is to unite the two groups together. Once I figured out who actually caused this... I can end this war. And I will.