36

Avery's POV

"You did what now?!" Jacob shouted and I quickly shushed him.

He had his mouth wide open and was pulling his hair, looking at me with shock and disapproval.

"Do you understand what you're telling me right now?! You had sex...with Oscar's brother aka our headteacher and cheated on Ryan!" He bellowed and some people looked over to see what was going on.

I jumped at the rage in his voice and quickly tried to explain myself before he lost his mind.

"I didn't cheat on Ryan! This happened on my first week of school, I didn't know he was Oscar's brother... it was a mistake" I said quietly and Jacob let out a breath of air.

"Oh my god! Why didn't you just say that before Jesus?! I literally almost had a heart attack! I'm so overwhelmed right now I don't know whether to cry or laugh or puke...." He continued rambling with tears in his eyes and I just stared at him, letting him have his moment. 

"Like imagine having to explain this to Ryan-"

"Explain what to me?"

We both yelped and turned around to see Ryan stood there with his arms folded. He watched us panic with his eyebrow raised, narrowing his eyes slightly. My heart was racing at the possibility of having to explain this to him right now and I quickly kicked Jacob as a warning to not blurt anything out.

"OUCH!" He screamed and I glared at him. Ryan looked between us both with suspicion and I gulped nervously. I'm so dead if he finds out.

"Well?" He asked, not breaking his gaze with either of us. I stood up and faced him.

Here goes nothing...

"Um, I didn't want to tell you because I know you'd treat me differently..." I dragged and looked anywhere but him.

RIP to me, I've lived a short but spontaneous life. I'll miss the guys who always made me laugh, Stacey and Trevor who treated me more like their daughter than my parents ever did, and Brandon, sweet sweet Brandon, who I will miss especially for his cuteness. Oh! And Theo who I still think is 12 and-

"Spit it out cupcake" Ryan growled, cutting me from my thoughts and I shuffled on my feet nervously.

"Well-" I started but was cut off by Jacob.

"AVERY DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU THAT SHE COULDN'T HAVE SEX WITH YOU TONIGHT BECAUSE SHE'S ON HER PERIOD!"

Everyone outside stopped what they were doing and turned to us, looking at us in surprise at Jacob's outburst. I facepalmed while Jacob coughed awkwardly. We hear a couple of people snicker from the pool and then Oscar's laughter cuts the awkward silence. 

"JUST USE A TOWEL!!" Oscar shouted back before he cannonballed into the pool- still nude might I add. The crowd broke out of their trance and laughed at him, cheering in agreement. James suddenly popped out of the water and looked over at us in confusion.

"Wait isn't she a Virgin? AVERY ARE YOU A VIRGIN!?" James screamed and I silently groaned in embarrassment.

These guys were digging my whole deeper by the second.

"NO I'M NOT" I shouted back and he gave me a lazy smile and thumbs up, wiggling his brows before splashing back in the pool. 

I gave him the finger in response.

The crowd gave some "ooooo's" and toasted to the fact I wasn't a virgin before going back to partying. I shook my head at the duo before turning back to the brothers who were watching the whole thing silently.