17

Guys I've reached 10k on this books I'm so proud and thankful to everyone who took their time to read this book and enjoy it! I'm also really grateful that people are voting for my book and I can't wait to see how far I could go. My aim is 50k (maybe I'm pushing it but whatevs), let's see if I could reach it!

Avery's POV

Thursday came around quicker than I thought and I could finally find out why Chase was at my fight and what the hell he wants from my friends and I. Thinking back at that day reminds me of my awkward confession to Stacey and Trevor....

When Avery and the guys got home from the fight...

"We're home!!" Cameron yelled but then clamped his hands over his mouth when he heard Brandon start to cry. He must've fell asleep. I shot Cameron a quick glare before going upstairs to Brandon's room. Stacey was in his room trying to calm him down but he continued to cry and wouldn't look at her.

She noticed me by the door and gave a sigh of relief before kissing Brandon's head and walking out the room not before whispering in my ear

"After he falls asleep, come back downstairs there's a few things we need to talk about." I nodded at her and she left the room.

I walked towards Brandon, who was still silently crying and sat down on his bed. He turned to look at me with his adorable pouty face, making me silently aww him. So cute.

"Avewryy you didn't read me a book an Mama told me to just go to sleep but I wanted you with me. Why you leave me?" He asked me with such a sad voice it broke my heart. That was the longest Brandon has ever spoken to me and it shocked me.

"Baby I'm so so so sorry I was late, I promise won't leave you alone again" I said to him in a baby voice and a smile on my face. I held out my pinky and he wrapped his own around mine.

"pwomise?" He asked me again with a serious look. I held myself from wrapping him in a tight hug and instead gave him my own serious face.

"Promise." I firmly said and we both smiled at eachother. I gave him a big kiss and he giggled then passed me his favourite book. The lion king.

It's strange how you have a stronger connections to a kid who barely talks to you instead of some of your friends. It's like an unbreakable connection between the two of you that brings you so close to eachother. I have that connection with Brandon and it's scary how much I care for the boy. Just looking at him warms my heart and makes me smile. Very scary.

Halfway through reading the book I noticed that Brandon had already fallen asleep so I tucked him in and quietly left his room to go to mine so I could change into some pyjamas, before heading downstairs into the living room where the rest of the family were gathered.

Do they always hold family meetings like this in the middle of the night? Does no one wanna sleep? Because I certainly do.

I took a seat on the single sofa and looked at the family to see them all staring at me seriously. Jesus, this is going to be one longggg talk. Might as well make some popcorn while I'm at it. I got up to literally make some popcorn but then Trevor cleared his throat loudly, making me slump down in my seat. Popcorn...

"Right, now that we're all here, we need to discuss a few things with you Avery" Trevor started with Stacey nodding at his side. Bloody hell. It's like I'm in a police station being questioned I swear.

"Would you mind telling us the truth that your mother so kindly left out." Stacey suggested with an eye roll. Guess someone's a bit annoyed. Same Stacey, same.