Chapter Forty-Six

**Sorry for updating a bit later in the day than usual, but I made it longer than the majority of chapters.**

Chapter Forty-Six

Once I've cleaned the kitchen floor up and grabbed a couple more bottles of water, I head towards the sound of a TV. The room that I'm led to is most likely a living room, but it's much more massive in size. The TV takes up a large portion of a wall; there are long black leather couches; and a giant wall of windows, so large that I can see the backyard. I haven't been in any parts of the house besides the kitchen and the couple rooms upstairs, so I find myself intrigued by the rest.

Veronica looks over a couch at me and gives me a wide grin as I come towards her. "I was thinking we could watch some movies," she says and pats the seat beside her. I sit down and hand her the water.

"It's almost ten," I check my watch and frown. Today has been long. "I've got to get home and explain to Mother where I have been." The thought of talking to her about anything involving Veronica makes me nauseous.

"Just stay the night and we can talk to her tomorrow after school."

"You make it sound so simple. I can't just spend the night again. Mother will be pissed more than she probably already is."

"After school we'll talk to her. You can even blame the entire thing on me."

I groan. "But it's already been two days. She's going to literally murder me."

Veronica sighs and leans into me, hugging me close suddenly. "Please Harry, spend the night with me. I hate being alone and don't want to go to Aiden's tonight. I just want to be here with you, away from the world."

I can feel myself caving in with her every word. I groan again. "Fine, but we're going to school tomorrow. I can't keep missing classes. I'm trying to get into a good college and if I fail any classes I'll lose that opportunity."

"Don't worry, we will definitely go to school tomorrow. I'd like to go to college too, you know."

"Where do you have planned?"

She shrugs. "Not sure yet. We've still got so long ahead of us. Lets just focus on passing high school first."

I laugh and wrap my arm around her. "Deal. So what are we planning on watching?" I ask.

Veronica points the remote at the TV and puts it on an OnDemand channel. She hands me the remote and tells me to choose something. I haven't really watched many movies since Mother said they'd make me stupid, so I just hand it back and tell her to surprise me. When she tries to play some movie called Paranormal Activity 3, I argue against it with everything I have. I'm not a fan of scary movies at all and never will be. She just shakes her head, makes fun of me, and chooses a cartoon movie called Epic.

"We don't have to watch a child movie if you don't want to," I say, knowing she only put it on because I disagreed with the scary movie.

"Just watch the movie. I haven't seen it and it has decent review. We can just watch this one and see how it goes." Veronica leans closer into me, tucking her legs beneath her.

I can't help but smile down at her. I put my hand under her chin and make her look up at me. There's shock in her eyes as I lean down and kiss her gently. My stomach butterflies immediately appear as I kiss her and I feel her wrap her fingers in my hair, tugging me closer to her. We both smile into the kiss before pulling away.

"What was that for?" Veronica asks amused, giggling in my arms.

I lace my fingers through hers. "Just because I can."

"I like that reason."

I smile. "So do I."

Veronica gets comfortable on the couch beside me and we relax into the mold of each other, watching the movie called Epic. I find it entertaining how it's about little creatures living in the forest, a world away from other's eye. I can't stop myself from thinking about the parallel between my world and the Epic world. Veronica's house can represent the forest, a world in which no one sees, but it exists. And then there's the human world, large and very loud.

"Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it's not there," Veronica points out that that's her favorite quote in the movie. Bomba, MK's father, says it and Veronica immediately grins at me.

"It's like what I say about the paper. There's nothing to be literally seen, but that doesn't mean there isn't art there," Veronica says passionately. I can't help but grin at the brunette who finds beauty in something as plain and simple as a piece of paper.

We watch the rest of the movie and she talks throughout the entire thing, pointing out the little things. Half way through, she pauses it and gets snacks, coming back into the room with an armload of junk food. She tosses it down on our laps and we eat as we watch. I've never eaten majority if the snacks and Veronica almost chokes on her laughter when I spit out some hot chip called Takis. I avoid them the rest of the movie and almost eat all of the caramel popcorn.

When the movie ends I find myself extremely frustrated. Veronica turns off the TV and sits up, staring at me with a wide grin. "Well? Did you enjoy it?"

"I did, until that ending came. Why the hell couldn't they actually end up together? What kind of happy ending is that?! I thought the entire movie was supposed to be about them ending up together in the end?!"

Veronica laughs and throws a licorice strand at me. "Harry, it's a movie."

"I know that! But why make a movie filled with hope when in the end they can't even be together. He's like an inch tall and she's back to being human. What kind of bullshit is that?"

"Harry! Language!" Veronica gasps sarcastically.

"I don't care, being around you always makes me use curse words. But that's not the point. The point is that they should have ended the movie differently. MK should have become forest queen and end up with Nod. It's a children's movie for gods sake! Where's the happy ending!" I yell frustrated, pushing away all the junk food wrappers that were littering across my lap.

"They can still communicate with each other. It's not like one of them died and the other was left with nothing."

"But Veronica, the point is that the movie sucks. Nod and MK should have gotten to stay the same size. Hell, if Nod had to become a human as well, then so be it. But they should have just ended up together."

"They were from to separate worlds, Harry. Two very different worlds. They couldn't just leave their own world to become a part of the other's. It's unrealistic."

"Unrealistic? Veronica, it's a movie. Who cares about it being realistic." I cross my arms and flop backwards onto the couch, glaring up at the ceiling. "They should have ended up together. They deserved to be together," I mutter.

Veronica laughs softly and I soon feel her climb on top of me, her knees on either sides of my waist. She leans down and rests her arms beneath her, grinning at me with her chin on her hands. "You're adorable when you get all flustered. Did you know that?"

I give her a small smile and put my hands on her waist. "I just don't think it's fair to have the audience hope for them to be together, just for them to end up not together."

"Well, life throws unexpected turns at you. You just have to learn how to deal with it. Maybe they do get together again, you never know. The movie may have ended, but that doesn't mean their story did," Veronica says.

"I should find the screenplay writer's number or email as contact them. I want to know if they end up together eventually."

Veronica laughs and rolls her brown eyes. "Why is it so important to you whether they end up together or not? It was a movie and it's over now."

I bite my bottom lip and frown. "I can't explain why it matters so much to me. Maybe it's because I just need to know if two people from two separate worlds, can actually end up together." I breathe out and feel the frustration draining from my body. I brush my fingers down her cheek and she smiles at me.

"If we can end up together," I whisper.

Veronica props herself up so that she's hovering above me, her hair curtaining around us. I find myself remembering how outside of the museum, I had been the one to block us out of the world; now, in her house, she is the one blocking everyone out.

"I don't need a movie to tell me that answer," Veronica mutters and presses herself closer to me, her nose brushing against mine gently. "I have you right now."

My heart pounds loudly and I can't stop the gasp that leaves my lips as she presses her lips against mine, kissing me with a slow, deliberate passion. I hold her waist and enjoy this Veronica that I have to myself.

MK and Nod may not have ended up together, but I know Veronica and I will. They exist purely in a fictional movie world. This is the real world and things like ending up with the one you love can happen.

I don't know if I love Veronica exactly, but I know I'm pretty damn close to it.

Veronica and I pull apart from our kiss but she doesn't move off of me. Instead she leans her head against my chest and presses her ear to my heart. I feel her hand brushing down my body, lighting me on fire, but I don't have the need to go further with her. I'm just content with these small gestures.

"Harry?" Veronica breathes out quietly after a couple minutes.

"Hmm?" I can feel my eyes getting heavy and the need for sleep is suddenly consuming me.

"I've never believed in Fairytales. I wasn't ever that girl who thought that she'd end up with Prince Charming or a superhero like Superman. For a while actually, I thought I'd only ever end up with Aiden; in a relationship that I'm only faking how I feel." She speaks slowly, like a soft lull in my ears that I want to fall asleep to.

"Mhmm," I mumble, nodding off to sleep.

My eyes shut and I feel the soft distant touch of her lips against mine. "I don't believe in superheroes, but you will always be my Clark Parker."

I'm not even sure if she said it. I feel myself getting pulled under the dark haze of sleep.

**Comment and ill love you forever haha (:

P.s. if you're just waiting for them to have sex with each other, I hate to break it to you, but I'm not a book porn writer. LOL I think you can achieve much more with an audience without all that Rated R graphic crap. Not saying they won't (maybe), but if you're looking for a book of sex, this is not it.

Sorry.. Lol

Vote and comment (: **