Chapter Fifty-Five

**I am changing my username to ImagineKat as suggested by one of my best friends in real life (you know who you is LOL)

However! Wattpad tells me that my stories MAY be inaccessible for 24 hours and IF THAT HAPPENS, I am sorry. Just know that IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE. LOL.

Okay so, thank you (:**

Chapter Fifty-Five

I can't stop thinking about Literature class throughout the rest of the morning. Veronica obviously was upset about something. Otherwise she wouldn't have talked so much about fiction books.

Is it possible that Gatsby has a relation to whatever it is that I'm supposedly going to hate Veronica for? And more importantly, what am I going to hate her for?

When she told me this morning that I was going to hate her, I almost laughed out loud right then and there. I don't think I can ever truly hate Veronica. I've fallen too hard for her.

My main questions is: why was she texting Aiden and what were they texting about? It seems to me that whenever they do talk, something bad happens. That's how it goes and I'm not sure I want to handle another one of those incidents. Why is this so damn confusing?

A bell rings and breaks through my thoughts. Everyone leaves the room quickly and I follow suit.

"Who is that?" A girl whispers and I glance over at her. She's a small blonde, her hair tied in a ponytail. Her friends all eye me as I pass them.

"Harry Styles," a girl answers her and they all gape at me.

I turn back towards the hallway and keep walking. I'm glad they have started using my actual name now, but there's something about the way they stare at me. It's weird and makes me feel awkward. Why is it that I draw so much attention?

I go to my locker and put everything inside. It's lunch time and I don't feel like lugging it all around with me.

A shoulder slams into me and I bang up against my locker. I hit a couple of my bruises from yesterday and gasp at the pain. I had almost completely forgotten about them, but now that they've been exposed to pain again, I know they're there.

"Watch it, Marcel! Shit, could you take up anymore room?" I swivel to see Aiden laughing, his arm draped across Veronica's shoulders as they walk away. I expect her to glance back at me but she doesn't. Instead she laughs along with her boyfriend.

I drop my gaze to the floor and shut my locker. I walk to the cafeteria with my sight set on the floor. I don't want to make eye contact with anyone. I just want to be left alone.

But life always has different plans.

When I get to the cafeteria, chatter starts up. Rumors fly around the room about my bruised face. Apparently there's also videos of me getting the living shit beaten out of me posted everywhere on the Internet.

I find myself back at square one: alone and at the center of bad jokes.

I only get a bowl of fruit and sit at a table with no one around. Aiden's comment about me being fat makes me feel self conscious and Mother's years of scolding make me lose any type of appetite I could have.

Veronica and Aiden walk in with their hands intwined. Aiden wears his smug look like a trophy and tugs Veronica closer to him, holding her waist against his. I want to look away but I can't. Veronica laughs and I watch her smile, that bright look coming over her entire face. It drives me insane.

This is her being happy. She's actually happy with her boyfriend. They smile, they laugh, and she doesn't move out of his hold. There's no shame in their relationship. There's no hiding anything.

That must be what love is.

I look down at my bowl of fruit and take a grape. I hold it between my fingers and sigh. I don't know how to feel about this, about her.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Can I get everybody's attention, please!" I glance up at Aiden standing on a table, his friends all around him staring upwards. The entire cafeteria quiets down and I swallow a lump in my throat. Something's going to happen. I know it is.

I have got to get out of here. I grab my bowl and stand up, trying to exit as quickly and as undetected as possible.

"Oh Marceeeeelll!" Aiden sings out from behind me and I freeze. "Buddy! Where you going? You can't possibly be leaving now!"

A couple guys advance towards me and I feel their hands wrap around my arms, turning me to face Aiden and his crowd. They let go of me and I notice everyone in the cafeteria staring at me.

"You know," Aiden jumps off the table and starts walking towards me. "You are one hard person to get to. You won't believe how much work I had to go through in order to just have this opportunity. I'd appreciate it if you show a little respect," Aiden spits and suddenly I feel fear creep it's way up to the back of my neck. Whatever is happening is not good.

Aiden's got that predatory look, that gleam in his light blue eyes that sends chills down my body. What could be possibly have planned? We're in a cafeteria in front of hundreds of other students. Surely he can't do anything too threatening.

"What do you want from me?" I ask, trying really hard to not look as scared as I feel.

"It's not about what I want. It's about what's right. It's about showing you where you belong." Aiden stops walking when he's about three feet away. "I'm sure you've had a good time with Veronica, right?" He snaps his fingers and motions over his shoulder. I watch Veronica stand up and walk towards him.

My cheeks pale at the sound of her name. "Veronica," I mutter as she steps forward. She's got her eyes on the floor, her hands crossed in front of her.

"Beauty isn't she? Mysterious. Dangerous. So goddamn sexy," Aiden smirks at me. "Too bad she's not yours. I can see the way you look at her, god, you've got it bad," Aiden laughs and shakes his head. Aiden runs his finger down Veronica's cheek, slowly and deliberately over her pink lips. Veronica does not move.

"Say you love her," Aiden says to me suddenly. He stops walking around her, his hand on her cheek. He intimidates me with those blue eyes and burly arms.

I shake my head and my gaze meets Veronica's. I don't know if that's sadness is those brown eyes, but she drops her gaze again.

"You don't love her? That's not what she said you told her last night," Aiden guffaws and the crowd gasps as if in shock. I bite in the inside of my cheek. "That's right, Marcel, she's told me everything. Every detail. From beginning to end. And let me tell you, it's all pretty pathetic. I wouldn't blame you for believing her though. She's always been so good at stealing people's hearts. Isn't that right, Vero?" Aiden sneers her name and shakes her head for her, his fingers clasped on her jaw. I wonder why she doesn't stop him.

His words sink into me and I realize that she's been lying to me this whole time. Using me for that stupid game.

"You're realizing I'm right, aren't you? I'll say it again, say that you love her." Aiden glares at me, willing me to give into his demands.

"No," I state and try to stand taller. I will not let this guy bully me.

"Wrong answer," Aiden chuckles and then snaps his fingers, nodding in my direction. I gasp as my legs are kicked in and I fall to my knees. "Say you love her," Aiden demands again, this time much more insanely.

"Aiden, this is stupid," Veronica tells him.

"Shut up, I'm addressing him not you. Keep your mouth shut," Aiden snaps back at her and she drops her gaze again. My heart aches for this girl that cannot fight back for herself.

I get back on my feet and brush off my knees.

"Can't we at least discuss this in a more private place?" Veronica whispers desperately, her eyes darting to everyone around us. I notice phones out, recording this moment.

Aiden laughs and to my disgust, smacks Veronica's ass. "Why baby? Don't you like the limelight? Always wanted to have attention, didn't you? Well now you have it."

Veronica's cheeks flame up and I watch in amazement at her vulnerability. She's always been the one with control, always the one who wanted it. Seeing her now without just makes me worry for her. I know this isn't what she likes.

"As I was saying, Harry, why don't you tell Vero here how you feel about her," Aiden pushes Veronica forward so that she's only about a foot away. She keeps her gaze down and I stare at the top of her brown head.

"She knows how I feel. I don't see how it's any of your concern," I tell Aiden.

Aiden hoots and howls, the guys around him adding in some snarky remarks. "Looks like she's taught you a couple things."

"She's taught me a bunch of things. Most of which include how much of a giant douche bag you are," I say and the cafeteria quiets down. I refuse to hold back anymore. If he wants a show, he's getting it.

"How was your night together? How long did it take you to get her bra off? I bet she had to do it herself, right?" Aiden laughs, his eyes brimming with hate as he stares at me.

"We didn't-"

"No, I took it off myself," Veronica suddenly snaps and lifts her head. She gives me a glare and I gape at her.

"That's right. She's told me all about you two getting the nasty on last night," Aiden says and confusion runs through me. We haven't done it though.

"But we-"

"Oh yes, how I had to practically teach you how to move your hips against mine," Veronica's brown eyes are on mine as she steps closer. My entire body convulses as she puts her hands on my hips. "How you didn't know what to do at all," she whispers throatily and starts shaking my hips slowly.

What's happening?

"How you told me you loved me and wanted for us to always be together," Veronica smirks at me and I feel pain rising up my throat.

"Always be together? God, how pathetic!" Aiden laughs and everyone does the same. "Go ahead and tell him the truth about everything, Vero."

Veronica steps away from me and I'm thankful for the distance. I can't stand having her so close to me, so available to touch, but not mine to hold.

"You fell for me faster than I thought possible," she starts saying, walking around me. "So naive and stupid. Such an easy target really. Aiden didn't believe I could do it since you're such a little goody two shoes, but I saw it in your eyes. You wanted the danger and fun and basically everything you didn't have. You wanted me," Veronica's words are being hurled at me like bricks, heavy and hard, painful.

"You said you wanted me as well," I whisper, trying to hold myself together.

"I lied," she says devoid of emotion. "I haven't wanted you at all. All I care about is getting the job done."

"Tell him what you told me," Aiden says, his voice filled with glee. He's so sick.

"I've never liked you. I've never cared. I will never love you. And I never want to have you around again," Veronica states. "You should go now."

Everything seems to come crashing down. My worst fears are being thrown at me. She doesn't love me. It's true and I've been wrong this entire time. I'm an idiot for ever trying to change myself for her.

I could feel my mouth becoming dry as I searched for words to say. I stare at the place between her brown eyes, willing her to stop this whole thing.

"Walk away Marcel. Stop making a fool of yourself," she whispers, her voice laced with venom, making me feel pathetic. I could feel every pair of eyes in the cafeteria on me.

Kids smirk, watching this whole thing play out. I feel sick to my stomach, disgusted that I trusted her.

She was different. I knew she was different. She proved she was different.

"Fuck off Marcel," she spits at me, the nickname she swore to never use. An insult that everyone's used. She turns on her heel, a lit cigarette in her fingers within seconds.

I watch her back as she walks away. Students laugh and point at me and I force myself to not cry.

I trusted her.

I fell in love with her, but she didn't fall in live with me.

My lovely Veronica.

Aiden suddenly steps towards me and wraps an arm around me, turning me to face the cameras. I see a wide smile on his face, the look of absolute victory.

"See, the thing is Harry, you don't belong in this world amongst us. You're different. You're unneeded." Aiden gets closer to me, his breath on my neck as he whispers. "You've been Mocked."

And I know it's true. I've been played like a chess game and I'm not a King piece, I'm a pond. Just another pond in the front line of destruction.

Aiden drops his arm and walks out after Veronica. His posse follows and soon the bell rings and everyone leaves the cafeteria.

But I stay rooted to that spot, my feet unwilling to move. I know I should be feeling sadness, an upset feeling and maybe even depression.

But I don't.

Instead all I feel is a flame of anger that demands to be ignited into a giant raging fire.

And I am about to let it burn.

~~~~

The end of Mocked.

The questions below are important.

Yes, that is the end of Mocked

There is a sequel and now I have to ask some questions:

How would you feel about it being written in Veronica's perspective? Or would you prefer to keep Harry's?

Also, do you want the alternate ending that I had in mind? It will not change the actual ending at all.

I will not post the sequel straight away, give it a couple days as I still have to think a bit.

Thank you for reading Mocked and please tell me what you think (:

Fan me to know when the sequel comes up (: I promise it'll be up soon.

-Kat