Chapter 2

A/N I know I updated a little early, but one of you (you know who you are) asked me to update. Anyways, here you go!
~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
*Bethany's POV*
Jack Gilinsky. He is right next to me. Okay, I'm not a fan of him, just Johnson. You're probably thinking, why? He never really was appealing to me. Johnson though, was. I'm actually surprised that no fans or paparazzi came.
"Okay, you two. You are probably wondering why we're here." My mom said.
"Uh, yeah. Mom, you never tell me anything anymore. You're always working." I said.
"Yes, but we're both working two jobs for the house and for our cars."
"Anyways, what we're trying to say here is, you're getting married." Jack's mother said.
"What?" Jack said, almost yelling.
"You're joking right?" I asked.
"No, we are not. You both are 20 years old and are doing nothing with your lives." My mother said.
"Jack's making music while I'm trying to become an actress." I retaliated loudly.
"I haven't seen you go far, honey." My mom said.
"That's because you haven't paid attention! You've been at your work instead of taking care of me!" I yelled.
"You two are getting married, and that's final!" She said clearly. I left. I couldn't take it anymore. The one time that I wanted to spend time with her, we ended up yelling at each other. Jack came outside with me for some reason. I mean, you don't know who this person is, and you're getting married to them? That's messed up in my opinion. We both left. I just went home. I had to change anyways since I had to go to work in about an hour. I left my mom a note saying I was going to work. I was a barista at Starbucks, with my best friend Ally. We have been best friends since we were in kindergarten. That's about 14 years. So yeah.
*Time Skip to after work*
That was tough. Tonight, we were as busy as ever. But one thing was still on my mind, why am I getting married? I don't get it. We are free people. I mean, we are in America. This IS a free country.

I just don't get it...