3. Making A Splash

LUNA

The silk sheets caressing my smooth skin had to be amongst some of the best feelings in the world, matching with the feather pillow beneath my head, making me feel like I was resting in a cloud. This was the life.

As I laid down, a slit of sunshine forced into my shut eyelids, to which I groaned.

"Wake up sunshine, you won't win Odell over in bed" a serene voice called. It was Kristin, my as-of-yesterday proclaimed roommate.

"Is that right" I mumbled, slowly opening my eyes, blocking the direct sunlight with my fingertips.

"The girls are already gathering downstairs for breakfast — we heard Chris has news."

"I'm coming" I replied, as she left the room. After some good ten minutes of procrastinating I stood up, putting on a robe and heading downstairs. There were about seven girls spread through the kitchen, some sitting by the counter in the highchairs, while others occupied the living room next door. This was starting to feel like a sorority.

"Good morning" I mouthed, to which they mumbled their greetings too.

"Good morning" a male voice replied, they all looked behind me, making me turn around. Chris. "I see you are all up. If you don't mind following me to the living room, please" he added, exiting the door frame followed by a few cameras. I saw Kristin patting an empty space on the couch next to her, making me rush there and sit down. Once we were all sat, Chris began his speech. There were about five cameras plus crew, spread throughout the room.

"Good morning ladies, this is your first official day at the mansion. Did you get a good night of sleep?" a few yeses scattered around the room. I simply nodded and smiled. "Well I'm glad, because today you'll have your first official event, a welcome pool party in good old Bachelor fashion. So get your bathing suits, have some fun and, of course, take some time to get to know our bachelor! Odell will be joining you and select one of you for his first date, later today."

I noted some girls awkwardly grinning, a hint of nervousness in most faces, which probably included mine as well. The cameras stopped recording and Chris warned us to be ready by 3.00 PM. Either time flies by or I had overslept, because when I looked up at the living room wall, the clock read 1.00 PM.

Being in this kind of show took a bit of your reality away. I was guessing it was similar on other shows I had little knowledge of. The only clock available was hanging above the main lounge area's decorative fireplace and we had no access to our phones nor contact with family — only on special occasions. Whatever was going on in the outer world, I was clueless about it. Did Beyoncé drop a new hit? Did Heat win their last game? I wouldn't know.

After lunch, we all went our separate ways to get ready for the party. I didn't think overthink my attire, settling for a light pink bikini that meshed perfectly with my light tan skin and a pareo over my hips. I looked in the mirror and I was satisfied with how I looked, not bothering to style my hair any diferently or put on much make up.

"Ugh. Does this bikini do my body any justice?" Kristin asked, standing next to me in our bathroom mirror.

"Girl, bye. I'd kill for that ass" muttered Joyce, making all three of us laugh. She held two pairs of bikinis in her hands. "Which one?" She asked, showing them off.

"Blue one" a third voice interjected "girls, you look amazing. And by the way, do you mind if I borrow your mirror for a second? My roommates are battling for ours and I don't want to get my eyes clogged out day two." It was Patricia, better known as Trish. I remember her briefly from last night's dinner as she made sure to be in the center of every conversation. Kristin and I backed away, giving her permission. She was very confident, the type to intimidate another female when entering the room. She admired her reflection as I sat on the edge of my bed, observing her. She was beautiful and she knew it. Her middle-back length hair had some freshly waves made, she was as skinny as a super model but still had a considerable behind. Her green eyes gave her face a whole new expression. My mind had drifted to other thoughts, as I felt a hand on my shoulder.