5. A Waiting Game

LUNA

We were currently four dates left until the first elimination. A new day came around in the mansion and the camera crew was starting to set up, meaning Odell was about to arrive.

I didn't know whether to feel nervous or excited about this, because it could only mean another date was right around the corner. Out of my roommates, only Joyce had gone on a date. She kept it short and sweet as to admit the date could've gone better because she was so nervous that nothing relevant came out her mouth. It was weird that she'd say that because in the house you could always hear her before you could see her. If she was the shy one out of the bunch, there'd most likely be a problem.

Kristin and I would talk occasionally about how one of us would be next, wondering what we'd be going or what we'd be doing. We even wondered about where we'd eat, if that happened to be the case... 

"It might actually be today, Luna" Kristin announced from the bedroom, as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror combing my hair into a bun.

"Who knows" I replied, smiling although I know she couldn't see it.

He entered the living room while we all sat down in the large sofa that filled most of the space. Everyone stopped chatting and turned towards him smiling, while readjusting in their sits. Kristin squeezed my arm and I smiled at her, as we gazed towards him. I could only imagine how tired he must have felt from all these dates. I mean, his face didn't show it precisely, he still had the same old charming smile on, but inside his head it could be a total different thing.

I observed while him and Chris exchanged a few words before the cameras started rolling and they turned to face us.

In the blink of an eye, I see Kristin getting up from the couch and stand up next to him, as he smiled down at her, the height different clearly notable. She grinned at me, to which I winked. A mist of happiness and frustration hit me. I was going to be stuck inside this home once again, but then again I'd get to hear the real details of a date.

"So how about you go get ready for your date Kristin, Odell will pick you up around 7 PM." She nodded at Chris' words. She was nervous, I could tell.

After the cameras stopped filming, everyone got up and went their separate ways, Odell whispered something at Kris before leaving and after that she dragged me upstairs towards our room, sitting me down on the bed.

"He chose me" she began, looking rather shocked. I nodded, crossing my legs "he talked to me! He actually said my name." I laughed as she paced back and forth, babbling for about seven minutes. "Luna..." she dragged, now facing me and grabbing my hands. I nodded, as a sign I wanted her to proceed "I know we are technically rivals, although it doesn't feel like I'm competing against you-"

"Speak." I cut her off.

"I was wondering if you'd help me get ready... for the date."

"Of course. Looks ain't what's gonna get him in the end anyways" I stood up "so, where to start?"

She squealed, pulling me in for a hug. I laughed, hugging her back.

As I was doing her hair in the bathroom, she babbled continuously, probably nervous babbles; but I let her, listening in and nodding every now and then. As I finished the wide waves onto her short hair, we both smiled in the mirror.

"You're a miracle worker, do you know that?" she touched her hair, admiring her reflection in the mirror.

"I know." I agreed with a proud expression, grabbing her shoulders. "But c'mon, you gotta get dressed for your date." I waved her out the bathroom as we both laughed at each other.

After half an hour of trying to pick an outfit, she settled on a top, jeans and high heel sandals. Perfect for Miami weather, plus she's going to be comfortable. Kristin and I have been getting closer throughout these first days, that felt like months. She was someone that gave me comfort and whom I felt like I could trust in, which was a lot in this madhouse. The competitor factor of the show made me question letting anyone in my head, because in the end it could be one of us standing and the other one gone, but throughout the conversations we shared, it was something that rarely crossed my mind.

When she was finished getting ready, it was about time for the date. She got out the room, making her way to the top of the staircase. I stood in our bedroom doorway watching her as she left, wishing her a good time. Some girls on the way complimented her on her clothes or wished her good luck with pageant queen smiles in their faces.

By the time she reached the bottom of the stairs, I lost sight of her. Only when I heard the front door shut did I know she was gone.

12 dates down, 3 to go.

Sorry for this short chapter.

I just want to take things slow, and I promise you won't regret keeping up.

Comment, vote, give me your opinion.