23. Three's A Charm

OMNISCIENT

A peaceful morning woke up the ladies in The Bachelor mansion. It was extremely strange to be cut to half, going from six to three. Patricia, Luna and Hannah. The three last survivors the crowd was rooting for, some more than others.

If this mansion wasn't already a considerable size, it had grown ten times bigger with the speed everyone was departing in. For the three young ladies, it felt like only yesterday they were walking through those large entrance doors, greeting Chris for the first time. What felt like a new experience turned into a routine and they were getting closer and closer to the end.

With less contestants, the distance between the females became bigger and it was rare the times where they would share a word. For Luna, it felt like that ever since Joyce had left so she was used to it by now.  

The first one to get up was Hannah, the caramel complexion California girl took small steps down the stairs on her way to the kitchen. After pouring herself a bowl of cereal, she turned around facing the kitchen counter in which she encountered two small baskets and a closed envelope on its left.

Her first instinct was to open it, but she knew she had to call her housemates first and so she did, taking them no more than five minutes to re-unite downstairs around the counter.

"Congratulations on making it to the top three.
You have all come a long way but if you thought the game is over, you thought wrong.
It is easy to reach the top but it's hard to stay on it. In each basket, you will find papers with several mysterious activities on it. In the second, different numbers. That will stipulate the place and the order of your next date. Good luck and don't forget to leave a great impression, as it may be your last!"

— Chris

As Hannah finished reading the small letter, all three ladies stared into the baskets. It was an intense environment during this stage of the competition. Whichever activities that basket held, each one of them wanted to make sure they chose the best one.

Trish coughed before looking between the other females "Shall we grab a paper?"

With the other ladies' agreement, Trish reached for both baskets, taking one paper out of each. She opened the first one and a smile brushed her lips "Paintball and..." she dragged the last word while opening the second paper "Number three. I'll be the last date." If the date had given Trish a reason to smile, the last place even more. For her, it would be a great chance to leave a lasting impression.

After Trish took her paper out, Hannah looked at Luna with a questioning look in her face as if asking if she could be next. And without waiting for an answer, she reached for the first basket, grabbing a piece of paper. "Let's see. Skydiving!" she exclaimed happily before reaching in the second basket "And I am first, first date is mine."

With that said, Luna knew she'd be in the second and middle dates. The anxiety grew around her as she reached for a paper in the first basket, which would dictate her date. Once she opened, she smiled at herself before reading out loud "Yacht ride."

Maybe this time, the other females wished their greedy ways wouldn't be in the way of their dates because once Luna read her date activity, she could feel both pairs of eyes burning into her skin.

Either way, they would all have something to prove. With the top two approaching at a fast speed, they'd have to be on their Top A game if they wanted to impress Odell and hopefully make his heart theirs. And it all would start tomorrow.

1st date, Hannah's