22. Close To Home

OMNISCIENT

Looking down at the young couple, she couldn't help but feel their strong connection. And that settled it for herself. She didn't really love Odell like that. What those two had was way stronger than what she had ever felt for him.

But she wasn't about to give up on the prize and win, him.

When all of the ladies were done with their song dedication, it was time for Odell to decide which to keep and which to send home. And although he took no longer than five minutes, those five minutes felt like a lifetime.

"Ladies, the decision is made." Chris called them, entering the room.

The anxiety filled the silence as all six girls stood shoulder to shoulder, awaiting his verdict. In no more than two minutes, they'd be cut to half and the other half would be going home. All these weeks these females had fought to stay in the house were now coming to an end.

As for Luna, she felt content for the first the time that week. To be able to share such a special moment like she did and a song that meant so much to her was very special, especially after seeing his reaction.

"The first name I'm calling is..."

The show's audiences were up in a high and Odell was getting a bunch of good criticism for it. His fans, for once, were seeing a different side they didn't get to see on court. A sentimental side, contrary to many's beliefs.

Some still said he was doing it for the show and insisted on buying his arrogant-rich-athlete persona that the media enjoyed selling, but the majority was positively surprised by this side of his.

With the big cut in the contestants, the show was quickly approaching an end and to give him the time to carefully prepare himself, mentally and physically, he had been given a day off that he chose to spend home in the company of closest friends and family.

His friends had made his house their own for the time being, since he was out for most of the time due to all the show recordings and even they were surprised to see how he had changed in such a little amount of time, or perhaps he was simply revealing a side he had never shown before.

"Odell, my man." One of his closest friends, Karl, greeted him once he walked through the door.

"Can I come in?" he joked, hugging his long-time-no-see friend.

"Funny."

"Where is the rest of the crew?"

"In the lounge-room, intense Madden tournament." Terron nodded towards the room where two men sat on the couch and a third one stared intensely to the flat screen.

"Nice to see you guys as well."

He announced his presence when walking through the room, standing exactly behind his two friends who seemed to be quite focused on battling it out, for the win. That is, until they hit pause and Kavahra managed to stand up and pay his cousin some mind.

"O, nice to hear from you." 

"And he catches the ball, runs down the end zone for the touchdown, he's going in, unstoppable and—" as Ivan successfully finished his play, he got up to do a dance celebration and they all laughed at the outstanding performance he was giving, even AJ who had just lost the current game.

"He'll go back to his normal self in a bit, give him ten minutes."

Odell really valued the time he got to spend wit his closest friends. If anyone could lift his mood in a matter of seconds, this group was it. They were the best of both worlds, ready to turn up at any point given, but also ready to keep it real when necessary.