6. Lucky Number

LUNA

Days at the mansion seemed to go by awfully slow, which got worse without Kristin here. Having no one to talk to was a bore. She had left around two hours ago and there had been no sign of her so far. Usually the producers would give us tips about the dates happening or some inside info, but this time it looked like they had left it all a secret on purpose.

I spent most of the time she was gone in my bedroom, until I joined the rest of the girls downstairs in the living room, who gathered around eager to hear the latest details from the date and news about our beloved bachelor, hoping the next girl that went on a date wouldn't have a better time than they did.

We held conversations about random topics, until we heard the door open, heads turning simultaneously. A smiling Kristin entered the house as we all followed her with our eyes until she sat down on the couch, across from me.

"Spill it." Rae, who was sitting by my side, requested.

"Give me a second, no?" she laughed. "It was good."

"Just good?" a tall blonde questioned before getting up as she yawned and left. Rude much?

In this house, it's like the group had a deal about each girl that came through those doors, to reveal to the rest what had happened, most would use the tell-them-what-they-want-to-hear technice, which was Kristin's case. I barely paid attention, looking down at my cuticles instead, as I waited the small talk over. I knew for a fact she wasn't telling it straight as it happened... glossing over things.

After a little description of what her date experience had been, going to an arcade and feeling like kids again, girls started dispersing into the other divisions of the house. Kris and I locked eyes from across the room and mutually nodded, motioning to go upstairs.

Once we got there, I crossed my arms.

"So?"

"It was nerve-racking, Luna..." she beamed.

The following morning I woke up earlier than the rest of the days, something in my head didn't let me rest as I usually did, so I decided to get proper ready for the day. After a shower, I invested some quality time doing my makeup. It was a beautiful day outside and for some reason, I felt like dolling myself up. After a while, Kristin sat on the counter, watching me.

After returning home last night, she kept me up for three hours spilling it out about her date, and Odell. Same thing this morning, she continuously offered some advice for my upcoming date, to which I was thankful for but yet, knew deep down inside we were probably not going to have the same experience.

"I wanted to die, Luna" she added, as I blended the brown eye shadow into my crease.

"Yeah?..." I replied, not saying much as I focused on my makeup.

"I was so shy..." alright, lighter shade in the inner corner. "When he looks at you, it's intense." I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, dropping a bit of my foundation onto my brush. "It's like x-ray scanning, really" concealer up next... "I was at a loss of words" and some blush to lift my cheekbones.

"Listen," I interjected, upon applying some dark tan lipgloss onto my lips "you shouldn't stress nor overthink this" I placed a hand on her shoulder mid-sentence "I'm positive, that if it's genuine, you both will work it off and he has seen past that." 

After finishing with make-up, I proceeded onto hair. The wavy ways of it were looking tamable today, so I simply straightened the messy parts. The strong hair I had was definitely earned by my mother's side — latin hair is blessed. A smile crept onto my face as my family came into mind. It was weird not having them around all day, every day. I was sure they'd be happy about me pursuing this experience, no matter how crazy it must've felt when they first heard about it. I mean, the exposure was insane but I had a feeling something good was to come out of it, even if it was for a lesson.

Choosing an outfit was still challenging at times, as I roamed through the drawers, pulling out about ten pieces of items. A pretty off the shoulder, light blue romper with long sleeves caught my eye, and it sure did go well with my skin tone, so I decided on it — beautiful yet comfortable. I think I deserved to dress up, for myself first and foremost.

With all that, a few hours went by and everyone slowly started gathering downstairs. As I made my way down the steps, I noticed Chris standing in front of the girls, surrounded by a few cameras, as he discussed something with a young man amongst the crew.

"Beautiful" a female voice to my right caught my eye. It was Andrea. She was one of the main producers, always behind cameras directing others and her presence was assiduous in the house. Our interaction wasn't weird as she'd always act friendly towards the girls and tried her best to make us less nervous before the cameras rolled.

"Thank you" I made eye contact, smile plastered in my face.

"Go ahead and join the rest of the girls. Odell should be here soon" she added, before being called by a another member from the camera crew and excusing herself. I joined the rest of my fellow competitors on the couch with a smile.

It was crazy how a simple compliment could lift up your mood instantly.

"Welcome, fellow Bachelor." Chris presented, as Odell stood there, arms crossed to his chest. "We are almost at the end of our first set of dates. Today is our 13th date, or — as you'd call it, —your lucky number. Whenever you're ready." He finished, stretching his arm towards us.

My eyes scanned around the girls who sat nearby, all eyes on him as if he still was to call their names for the first time. There were only three girls lef-

"Luna" the deep tone called, a rather familiar voice, and I'm sure it wasn't Chris'. All heads turned to face me. I turned my head to the left, making eye contact with him, pearly whites flashing towards me.

Guess 13 was indeed a lucky number.

Suprise! Early update since I'll be absent for the weekend.

What do you think? 13 is a lucky number :-)

20 votes, can we do that?