30. Paradise

5 MONTHS LATER

Luna took a final deep breath, preparing to walk in the studio to sit and be watched by thousands of people. Truth is, public appearances still managed to intimidate her. And apart from small cameos after the show had aired, this was the first large-scale interview she'd have after the whole The Bachelor experience, which added some pressure for her to act a certain way.

"Don't stress it." Odell walked over to her, looking at her reflection through the mirror in front of them both.

"It's easy for you."

"And it should be for you as well. Get in there and be yourself."

"Myself." Luna chuckled, turning around to face him.

"Your flawless self. Let's see it!" Odell took her hand in his, spinning her around to get a better view. "I hope the interview doesn't take long."

She opened her mouth, nudging him and laughing at his comment. "—Stop." And with that, he smiled proudly after achieving what he was trying to, until now. To make her smile and get her to feel more comfortable about this silly appearance.

"You'll be called in five."

Odell nodded at the young producer, turning towards Luna once again.

"Oh no."  

"It'll be alright." He assured her, kissing the hand he was holding.

As they approached the studio doors, they could hear the hostess presenting them on the front stage. There was a small screen, through which they could see the one and only Rae Rose. She was one of the best in the business and had requested for them to be on her show. A few months had passed, and here they were.

"Now onto our next special guests. In the beginning of the summer, this couple came together through one of the best-known reality tv-shows of America and the ratings went through sky-rocket on this one. With him being a famous athlete, this is officially the most watched season of the show. Let's watch some footage." Rae presented, followed by a brief highlight video they were playing on the multiple screens in the studio.

Once it stopped rolling, loud cheers filled the air in the studio and she presented them.

"Help me welcome: Odell Beckham Jr. and Luna Leblanc!"

The couple looked each other in the eyes, before being told to enter the stage.

She held onto his hand ferociously as they walked into an amount of blinding lights. Managing to keep her balance and a polite smile on her face, Luna walked in there feeling calmer than before, due to Odell's reassuring strong grip on her hand.

Dressed in a beautiful knee-length white dress that matched Odell's white formal shirt vibe, the couple was warmly welcomed on set. Each greeted Rae with a hug, before sitting down in the couch in front of hers.

"Welcome, welcome." She managed to say, once the crowd calmed down.

"Thank you, Rae."  

"Where to start? First off, congratulations Luna, for the win."

She chuckled. "Thank you." For her, to hear such words was still a strange concept. She wasn't in it for a victory, but rather to meet a wonderful person who was worth way beyond any prize.

"It's been a whole three months since the season finale premiered but it still feels so fresh in our memories."

"It does, feels like it's been two days."

The audience chuckled at Odell's words.

"Was the experience what you were expecting, for the two of you?"