4. The Claws Come Out

ODELL

'How long do we have left' were the only words dancing around in my mind, as the female in front of me detailed her life with two dogs, girl friendship group traditions and the little to no knowledge she had in sports, plus the whole story of her popularity in high school (or how she had peaked in it),... You could say mainly topics that that couldn't hold my attention for longer than 2 minutes. 

While still trying to keep smiling and nodding at her words, my head still managed to roam elsewhere.

This was the ninth date — yes I kept count, — I have had and my motivation was starting to disintegrate. Don't get me wrong, the ladies were alright, appealing to the eye, but if they had no content inside their heads, it'd be pointless. Like a well decorated gift box, that when opened is empty inside.

The dates had been fun, from spa treats to beach picnics, zip-lining or other new dynamics that would make for an ideal first date. It was the getting to know each other part that wasn't doing so well. The same speech coming from different mouths only changed in voice and tone, it started feeling rehearsed, scripted almost — like they were trying so hard to impress me, or the man they thought I was. Forgetting to be themselves.

"O-Odell?" the girl stuttered, waving her hand in my face. I shook my thoughts off, had been paying zero attention to the last topic we were on. The only memorable portion had been her name and basics. "Were you listening?"

"What?" I bluntly asked.

"I asked you...about your travels?" She bit her lip.

"Sorry, I was distracted."

"Oh I see, I'm that much of a distraction." She smirked, twirling a piece of her hair in her finger and leaning in closer.

"Yeah" I replied, dragging the word to appease her, chuckling awkwardly.

I wondered if there would be someone within this group of ladies that would stand out...

LUNA

My small feet dug into the soft, cotton white rug beneath me as I smiled, enjoying the feeling. I couldn't get over how flawlessly decorated this whole house was, from the bedroom to the kitchen itself. I could get used to living here. Without the extra guests, that is.

We were eight days into the experience and a few dates had happened — I lost count after five. What happened behind those closed foyer doors was a mystery to the rest of us stuck inside. While the lucky girl would be out for most of her day, I'd stay in once more, having not much to distract myself with rather than cooking, taking ocasional naps by the pool or control the watch hung by the wall.

The ladies that came back from the dates had obviously always has amusing stories to tell and things to brag about. The line where they reinforced Odell was notedly into them was my personal favorite. That boy must have a heart of gold, and a big one at that.

He had not had an assiduous presence inside the house with the rest of us so far, apart from the times he was to choose a contestant for his next date. I was hoping this would become more interesting after the first elimination, because being in this side of the door wasn't the least entertaining. I had to admit it was a bit disappointing seeing everyone get chosen, walking out those doors linked in his arm and having to wait for my turn, but rules are rules and he had the mission to go on a date with every single one of us, meaning my time was coming.

I was standing in my room's attached bathroom, reorganizing my belongings for the hundredth time, in order to distract myself. It was all fun and games the first week, when everyone was excited about the new house and roommates, and when they got along well. However, at the moment, that had gone over their heads and a divisions began showing.

For the most part, I enjoyed staying in my corner. In group conversations, I was one to listen instead of contesting. And in a house full of females, you were never too careful. One wrong word and you'd be in black-listed.

After styling my hair into a fishtail braid out of pure boredom, I headed out the bathroom, noticing the now-empty room with no roommates in sight. I moved along, in hopes to find them. There was noise coming from the bedroom two doors down from mine, I didn't pay it much mind, until I ran back to grab a sweatshirt from my dresser and I happened to catch some of the words being shared. I wasn't one to peak, but this caught my attention.

"Her speech was so fake. I know for a fact he didn't like her loud ass mouth" slowing my pace, I leaned against the wall to grab some further details.

"I'm not a hater..." the other girl intervened "but the dress she wore was too much, alongside that heavy make-up. She should watch more YouTube tutorials or something. God I could see her pores from a mile away, she looked orange as hell!" A few mocking chuckles erupted from the room and I rolled my eyes. Evil people.

After the make-up, they insulted basically every aspect to this same female, head to toe. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps the time spent stuck inside the mansion had made them psychotic, but the hatred was strong. 

After some good seven minutes of trash talking, I got tired of it and headed downstairs to where the rest of my housemates were.

Cliques were already forming, only two weeks into this competition and it was aggravating. As much as I would like to believe there wouldn't be such thing before coming in, what was I expecting? A house full of females living together for an uncertain period of time was like having all types of hungry carnivorous predators stuck together in a cage with one piece of meat to fight for. It was bound to happen. 

Especially if there was a man on the line.

Excuse me for such a small chapter. It's more of a filler.

Either way, I'd like to hear about your opinions!

Drama much?