19. Russian Roulette

ODELL

4 days after

I was sitting in my hotel suite alongside my cousin and one of the main producers of The Bachelor, who prepared to. discuss the next elimination and some insight on the viewer's opinions throughout each week which, to be quite honest, wasn't a real concern of mine.

This third week had gone by rather fast and the dates I'd been one weren't the most revealing, rather more of the usual stuff. I was advised to take new females out on dates, to possibly develop new connections and get to know others better, therefore I didn't have much space to follow my own leads.

"Lay it on the table, B." I rubbed my hands together as the producer sat in the armchair across from mine.

"We have had high ratings this week — the dates were less amusing, but the audience did enjoy seeing some new faces. The cooking challenge to start off the week with was genius! Great feedback on that."

"That's what's up."

While we went through some statistical terms, I leaned further into my seat at the couch, making myself comfortable to hear what was being shared.

Although I was in a reality show and not fully-aware of outsider's opinions to the fullest, I got weekly information and some tips from the producers in order to help me guide through each week's elimination. Naturally at the end of the day, it was still my opinion above anyone else's. If I was feeling someone, I'd keep them around regardless of what was said and those that weren't at all interesting or that I didn't develop a connection with, had to go.

"As before, Patricia is still on people's mouths — she's still a fan favorite. Her charisma is great for audiences and viewers seem to enjoy seeing her around the house, out on dates. You should consider keeping her around, on a real note. The audience likes her with you."

I looked at my hands attentively while biting my lip, taking his words in. My cousin was sitting to my right and he could almost feel the tension of this moment as I shifted in my seat.

Had she not won the cooking challenge, I probably wouldn't have picked her for any date. Hell, it wasn't even my choice — I was made to. Because her food was bland, I had to take her out on a date. It didn't quite click for me! There was someone else in mind that I was more interested in.

"Some other females also stand out in the group. The brunette, Vanessa, they enjoyed your winery date and tastings, said she looked very fun and let loose" doing the most to please me when beyond tipsy... "Or Luna. Luna was mentioned a lot during the last week for your date, however she easily loses people's attention around the house. She's one of the quietest in the bunch, in contrast with Patricia, for example."

I frowned at his words.

"No, she' good. I'm not letting her go."

"That's fine, Odell. You know we're just here to give you our insight and that one Patricia, maybe you should consider giving her some special attention. Pick her first during this elimination, perhaps. She is a potential winner and that will get viewers hooked! But oh well, with this said" he paused, standing up with his tablet in hand "it's my cue. You have a full night to think on it, so think wisely."

After our goodbyes my cousin was the next one to leave, and after him, I was left alone to think about tomorrow.

What are your opinion on the producer's words?

Is this show solely based on politics, will Odell get his word across?