24. And Then There Were Two

OMNISCIENT

After the three dates the most important elimination so far had arrived. Tonight, Odell would be deciding who the final two contestants would be and they had finally reached the show's final elimination. The entire country's eyes were turned on him.

Odell knew he had a busy day ahead of him and those around him wouldn't let him have a peaceful one. Right after waking up in his master suite, he received the warning that the show's main producers wanted to have one last meeting with him.

He waited for them still in his robe — not bothering to change into something more appropriate —, until a few knocks on the door were finally heard. He barely had any time to welcome them all, as they all rushed inside.

"Big day today, Odell." The top chef warned as he walked inside.

"Hope our Bachelor is ready."

"Good morning to you, too." He laughed waiting for them to settle in the main lounge area whilst one of the quietest, Andrea, walked inside.

"Good morning Odell." She smiled kindly. At least she had greeted him.

"Do any of you want some coffee?" He dared to offer as the three had sat throughout the room's couches and armchairs, making it seem like he was the stranger in that room and not them. "I can call room service."

"Espresso Macchiato, if you will."

He waited for the others to inform him on their decisions before making a quick call to room service. It didn't take long for the housekeeper to help them to their orders and Odell, dressed in his room robe, served the suited gentlemen as if it was his job to do so.

When all of them were finally settled around the large room, the questions started.

"There's a bigger reason as to why we're all gathered here" the top executive, George started "it is not only the last but the most important elimination and this is where we can really get the viewers hooked."

"Agreed! You have a big decision to make and the whole country is tuned in, we're hoping you'll give the audience what they want." The second man added. A little paler than George, darker hair and an expression that left many wondering what his intentions were.

"We gave them suspense, we gave them emotion, we must satisfy the viewer."  

"And therefore we're counting on you to do that with the right decision." Walter, amongst the two, finished before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Which is, of course, your choice at the end of the day." Andrea, the only woman and probably the wisest, reminded him.

Odell sighed as he looked between all the four people sitting in front of him. He knew these type of shows had its own politics and the producer's words always had a lot of weight in the final decision. Outside of this show in his real day-to-day life, he was the one making the final call. His manager helped, of course, but he always made sure to remind him that Odell had the last word at hand.

In this format, however, it seemed as if they couldn't care less about who he was which was somewhat satisfying, but mainly frustrating. He wanted to make sure it was his decision at the end of it.

"As you know, we're only here to make sure you make the right decision."

George nodded at Walter's words still facing Odell "Do you have a decision made already?"

Odell looked down at his cup of tea, before gulping. Free spirited as he was, he was never put in a situation such as this. Even with his mother, the pressure was off as she knew how carefree he could be, leaving most important decisions for last.