15. More Than Games

LUNA

Days in this house passed rather slowly but last thing you knew, a week had gone by. We were now a day until the next elimination and although we were only getting into the third week, I had survived longer than what I expected, and I do mean survive.

I had gotten as used to it as one could and didn't give it much thought now, but at the end of the day we were living in a mansion where our full-days were recorded and being broadcasted on national television. There were people out there judging our every move.

It was not only Saturday in the mansion, it was time for the last date of the week. This time, the choice had fallen closer to home, as they say: Kristin. She was as nervous as the first time, if not more, despite my attempts to calm her down. This show could take a toll on us and the pressure was immense, but you had to know how to deal with it. And I wasn't sure she was.

Odell had come into the house, unlike other days, earlier than expected, which allowed him some free time when waiting for his date. I noticed the occasional glances we exchanged and it was crazy how it made me feel. He was one to look further into a person's soul and it was quite intimidating the power this man's faze held, making me loose my focus and turn awfully awkward when it happened. 

But after a few minutes into the group talk, Kristin came out in a simple yet beautiful outfit that was enough to make heads turn. In a matter of minutes they were out the door, while the rest of us looked for a distraction.

"What about beer pong?" one of the ladies sitting on the sofa offered after multiple suggestions being thrown around.

"I never played it" the one next to her whined.

I smiled internally. Perhaps my college life could have been described as boring for some, but if there's something I'd improved my skills on, it was the art of Beer Pong.

"Never too late to learn."

When we all agreed to it, we parted into smaller cliques to set everything up correctly. 

Alcohol wasn't a constant in the mansion as the production would forbid us to have that outside of dates of parties, but somehow they'd let us keep a few bottles from our previous 90's-themed party so Joyce and I took it upon ourselves to care for the table set-up, getting the red cups in order. 

The weather outside was nearly perfect, without any signs of wind. It wasn't a summer night but it was just perfect to enjoy ourselves for the time being. I had a simple black hoodie on with cozy pajama shorts that I didn't bother to change from.  

Being an exceptional big group, we had to add some extra cups just for the fun of it. Some girls opted out, so it was easier to split the group, with four ladies on each side. As the division was made randomly, Joyce and I happened to be rivals for this one and I must say, her attempts at distracting me from my game-plays were hilarious — although nothing would take my concentration away.

As the recordings were mainly focused on getting footage from the occurring date, the production team that stayed behind in the mansion wasn't as eager on getting this chilled moment on tape, so a few camera's spread around but other part of the team meant to help us get into the mood of a fun evening and a small speaker was brought in, playing some trap and hip-hop to revive the party mood.

I could confirm this was turning into one of the best evenings thus far, as everyone seemed to get along and have fun with each other, leaving out the drama and competition, for once. Although this big group of ladies always managed to turn a simple event as this, competitive and soon we'd be getting serious into this small tournament.

"Think of O—" Joyce teased from the other side of the table as I bit my tongue trying to prevent a smile to spread on my lips. I grabbed the ball in between my fingers and squinted my eye to focus on the three-remaining red cups "—naked!"

I threw it and it landed just an inch to the left of the last cup so I stared at her as a mix of laughter and groans followed, by both teams respectively. She was asking for it! Never did I think I'd be easily turned from my focus but I rather not expand on the scenario she had given me, if I wanted to win this game.

For the next plays, my team did the best we could to try and distract our opponents — which went from twerking to whispering sentences that made absolutely no sense. Although we were winning, the drinks we gulped down were starting to have its effect on us. Besides from loosening up, I was feeling unexpectedly goofy and loud spoken.

Game ended with a win from my group and we immediately began jumping around like we had just won the playoffs, soon joined by the remaining ladies who were too lit to mope around and opted to celebrate out of pure fair play.

As the celebrating wined down, we were called inside by Trish, who informed us of Kristin's arrival back to the house. Once I entered the living area coming from outside, I noticed the clock hanging on the wall marked it nearing midnight and by the duration of it, I could only assume the date had went well. But short after looking at my roommate's facial expression, I knew different. 

Kristin wasn't wearing an obvious frown, but her smile soon faded once she got over the greetings of our other housemates and her eyes called for an immediate evacuation to our room, upstairs.

Not knowing whether she'd want some time alone to process, I took my time downstairs helping the group clean up after our games and chatting up regarding the aftermath with some of the other ladies who still had their spirits up from the fun evening we just had. After a while, however, I decided it was time to check on Kris so I made my way upstairs.

I knocked on the open door twice, not asking for permission to come in but warning her of my presence. She was currently laying down in her bed staring at the ceiling, with both her hands resting above her waist. 

"Hey girl." I spoke, breaking the silence.

"Hi."

"How was it?" I asked sitting on the edge of her bed as she sat up, followed by a shrug.

"He's a great guy—" she started. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is where the but part would come "he really is! One of a kind, a gentleman." She stopped, smiling up at me "and the girl that ends up with him will be easily the luckiest girl in the world. I'm just afraid that won't be me."

Her eyes roamed across the room, searching for words, before they landed on mine as I myself looked for words to complete hers. I did what I thought was best at the time and pulled her in for a hug.

"There was no connection at all" she completed once we parted from the hug "I could see him as a friend, totally. But not a love interest. And I'm pretty sure it's mutual."

"I guess we'll have to wait for the verdict tomorrow" I reassured.

Opinions? Kristin isn't connecting to Odell.

Is that better for the competition or saddening?

(dellie for all of you, enjoy!)