25. A Piece Of Miami

LUNA

As I sat across one of the lounge chairs by the entry, the sound of knocking coming from the front door caught my attention, so I walked up to check on it. Patricia must've thought the same, since she rushed down the stairs shortly after.

When I opened the door, I came face to face with a casual looking Chris Bellinger — baring no more than a smile across his face.

"Come in?" 

"Thank you, Luna." He made his way inside after I stepped away, being greeted by Patricia. "Don't worry, I don't have bad news today. I'm here on a calmer note."

Although Chris was indeed dressed more casually and sported a calm aura to him, two cameras and small crew followed right behind, which led me to believe these celebrities had long lost the habit of privacy in their lives — something I very much valued.

As Chris sat down in this armchair, we both sat across from him.

"I hope you are both doing well after yesterday's heavy atmosphere. As a host, and viewer, I know it must've been tough on you. But all you can do is think positively and focus on the beautiful journey you have in front of you, to the final."

"I am personally, very thankful to have gotten this far." Patricia readjusted in her seat.

"You should. The both of you are leaving a strong impression on the audience."

I am?

"Nevertheless, we are one week away from the big finale and each of you will have a reserved special last date. I mean special, as this one will be quite different. It won't be Odell organizing the date — you will."

Patricia and I both looked at each other in loss of words. It would definitely be an experience, trying to plan a date from start to finish. Especially seeing as the pressure to please Odell was on. This was our last shot, there was no space for mistakes.

"And Patricia, since you were picked first — you get to go first. You'll be given two days to think about your choice. Choose wisely ladies."

After further chats with Chris, he excused himself due to work duties, leaving this mansion for the two of us, only. Silence settled once more and we both parted ways.

With the finish line ahead of me, things got another connotation. My mother always believed good things came last so for me, getting to go second wasn't all that bad. Not to mention Chris' words, which kept repeating in my head. It seems the audience was really attentive and had created their opinions on us... Good or bad, it led me this far.

Date day!

Sleeping was something I'd grown to enjoy in this house during my journey here, but today for someday my body felt anxious enough to get me up in the early dawn. Since I had a long day ahead of me, I opted on going along with it.

After Chris' visit, we were given further instructions on our upcoming dates — such as the fact these would be day-long dates, unlike the rest which lasted two to three hours, at most.

Neither me nor Trish had shared what the other was planning for our special days and we left it at that. In fact, yesterday she left without saying a word and I simply took in having the house all to myself.

For the first time in a long time, I really wanted to take care of my appearance, so waking up had been worth it after all. From waving my hair to choosing a beautiful outfit to go with it. By the time I was finished, Odell was knocking on the door. I was planning a casual greeting in my head, but as soon as we came face to face, it's like I'd forgotten how to speak.