29. Settling Down

OMNISCIENT

So what is supposed to happen after a magical night?

Magical — that's the only word Luna used to describe it and she couldn't possibly find any other more fitting.

It felt unreal to stand in front of that man the previous night and to be told she was the chosen one. After all the dates and conversations they shared, she had earned it. She won him over, and her heart was his. As so was the other way around.

Just the thought of it made her smile.

This morning, waking up in the same old bed had a different feel to it. Yes, same old bed because the night had been spent over at the mansion. Patricia had chosen to leave after the season finale recordings, but Luna was offered the chance to stay and somehow, now that she didn't have the obligation to do so, she chose to so she could say her goodbyes in her own way.

With every step taken and every piece of clothing she folded into her luggage, she couldn't help but think of Odell. After last night, she didn't feel like she was competing for a prize to be won anymore, she finally felt like that was the place she was meant to be at. And with Odell, everything felt right.

It was all too fresh in her memory but she still couldn't believe that it had actually happened.

Her petite frame carried the last suitcase down the stairs, when she heard the front door unlock.

Although the mansion still had a few camera equipment spread around, she wasn't planning to receive any guests, but as soon as she came face to face with the person, she instantly dropped the bag and jogged in his direction.

"I didn't expect you here." Luna smiled, throwing her arms around Odell's neck.

He smiled down at her, pressing his lips onto her forehead.

"After last night, I thought you couldn't have enough of me."

"I thought you were my prize, but I get to keep the mansion too? Now that's something."

"Funny." He nudged her. "Let's get a snack, I bet you didn't have breakfast yet."

They walked hand in hand towards the kitchen, while making small conversation. He sat in one of the tools while observing her whileas Luna started searching for something she could work with. They didn't need to speak, it was as if this whole process already felt natural for both.

Once she turned around, she noticed his eyes on her.

"What?"

"I can't stop staring at you."

She giggled, ignoring the twisting of her insides.

"It's crazy, this whole thing."  

"I do believe many things are meant to be, and this was one of them." He pulled her towards him, resting his chin on top of her head.

"Although you nearly gave me a heart attack." 

"Trust me, I almost had one myself."

After nearly two months of being in this competition having rules and guidelines on their every step, it felt liberating for the two to be able to stand here, in the most simple and honest caring way. Although it was nothing more than a simple Sunday Miami morning, it meant a lot for the two to have their first alone time.

It was the beginning of something special as they hoped, and they couldn't possibly get their hands off each other. 

"Have to admit, it's weird having no cameras around." Luna chuckled. 

"I'm glad you miss it, because you'll be seeing a lot of those in the future."

She turned to look at him, with a frown in her face. "We'll see about that."

"I plan to show you off everywhere, now that I have the chance."

Those words made Luna smile in the most utter sincere way she could have. To have a man this devoted to her felt unreal. Never in a million years would she think this would be happening to her, let alone in the outcome of a reality tv show.

After planting a soft kiss into his lips, she walked around the counter.

"Now that I don't have to compete for a date, I'm cooking in my own way."

"Careful with the spice." He teased.

Her eyes shot straight up to stare at his, before proceeding.

The simple process of cooking, for him, was beyond mesmerizing. Every step she took and move she made intrigued Odell even more. How could a person be so meticulous was yet a question of his.

Through a large part of the cooking, the pair stood silent, lost in their own thoughts. It took her not long before they were both walking outside with a full serving of fruit and eggs for the breakfast of champions, as they say.

The weather was pleasant and Luna was so thankful that she got to share this moment with a person such as Odell.

"I could get used to this." She smiled after taking a bite off a croissant.

"Get used to it, because it's about to be our future."

She looked up at him, as if finally realizing it.

"Maravilloso."

"We can get to that later."

"To what?" she chuckled.

"The Spanish, you perv."

"Me? I wasn't—"

He started laughing once she rolled her eyes. "You're adorable when you roll your eyes."

"You can't even imagine."

She laid down in the large lounge chair, chewing on her food, before feeling a large figure covering the sunlight from her. He sat down in her own sun-bed, hovering over her and planting a soft kiss to her nose, as they continued their conversation.

Yesterday's night was finally coming down on them and it all felt real now. It was sinking in that Odell could be the one she'd be spending her life with. And with the football season approaching, she was unsure about how things would go down. But one thing she was sure about was that she was ready for whatever crossed their path.

"Get ready love, it's only the beginning."

How do you think Luna and Odell will fit into the normal life?

I'm asking for you to drop off any questions that you may have for either Luna or Odell, in the following format:

Name, Location (State or Country,...), Question.

Name may have first and last, can be fictional, as the location.

Make the questions interesting, because I may be including them in the last chapter.