14. Small Gestures

LUNA

A few days had passed since my second date with Odell and I couldn't seem to get my mind off of him. After our dinner, his presence in the house was somewhat occasional, he often came to visit and get to know us better as individuals, probably also trying to figure out who his next date pick would be.

After me, Trish was the one chosen for a date and her speech and poise made me question a lot of things. Her power of persuasion was insane and I noticed how quickly she managed to get Odell's attention when he was around the house. She certainly knew how to play her cards right and she was using it to her advantage.

I now laid outside by the pool as a strong smell of food invaded my nostrils. Although I had planned not to spend my full days laying down and resting, my body had other plans and it often made me find different spots around the house to nap in for different times. It was probably lunch time by now and I wrapped the white silk robe around my body, making my way inside. The kitchen was filled with some of the ladies cooking some sort of meal I had no knowledge of. It smelled good though, I'd give them that.

"Smells lovely, what are you cooking?" 

"Something very special." The petite female whom I'd asked responded in a squeaky tone. I smiled politely before moving around the kitchen, noticing my roommates were nowhere to be found.

Shortly, I went back into the living area, intending on returning to the backyard. As I moved past the couches, not paying the white noise much attention, my name was called.

I turned on my heels and came face to face with him. I instantly let out a smile, greeting him. The other female's expressions combined a mist of confusion and annoyance. "Were you heading outside? I'll tag along."  

He led me towards the back, hand in my lower back as we each stepped out the glass doors and once outside, I managed to spot my roommates further out in the back, lounging. I approached them and Odell followed close behind, not bothering to ask where I was heading.

"Hello ladies." 

The small group greeted him back, drool falling from their mouths with the expression they offered. We sat down in one of the armchairs that was large enough for both, as he rested both his hands behind his head which only accentuated his arm muscles further. 

Across the chairs, I gestured for Joyce to wipe the drool out of her mouth and laughed at her eye roll.

"So Odell, are you enjoying the mansion so far?" Kristin intervened.

"For sure, for sure. I'm thinking on moving here at the end of the show."  

"That's what's up."

Throughout their conversation, which mainly focused around the mansion, some contestants and himself, I didn't notice how close we sat to one another, but our knees did brush against each other quite often.

He'd occasionally push me with his leg to force me to intervene in the topic of conversation but I just sat quietly and listened to what everyone else had to say. 

Time went by as the conversation flew effortlessly and in came two of the ladies, arms linked as they called out for his name from afar.

"We're sorry to interrupt ladies, but mind if we take him?" the short one asked, eyes focused directly on mine, as were his. I felt quite uncomfortable as if the decision fell upon me and I was just wishing someone would  jump in and rescue me.

"He's all yours." Joyce added — thank God!

After he excused himself from our group, me and the girls were pondering on what these two were preparing, 'till Kristin suggested we'd go check and so we did. The odor of food from before was still lingering in the air and when we reached the kitchen through the back entrance, we realized why. In the large countertop, a few dishes spread with some Tacos and other appetizers, with the two females from before and two others now standing around Odell, who had sat in one of the stools.

"Come join us, please." He invited.

"Oh we don't want to interrup—" before I could finish my sentence, my beloved roommates took it upon themselves to grab a plate and get a serving, much against the other ladies' annoyance. I shrugged it off and followed their lead, after all, it was lunch time! I soon filled my plate and sat down across the kitchen island, in one of the empty stools.

I brought a small portion of Taco into my mouth and once I chewed on it, I stopped. The tasting wasn't near as pleasant as I was hoping — as far as the texture, it was a bit chewy and the spice was nowhere to be found. Without anyone noticing, I grabbed a napkin off the counter before spitting it out.

It didn't take long before the rest of the females around the house to come join us in the kitchen, spreading around the area, mostly around Odell. I would occasionally look up at him, focused on the conversation held between him and the others, mostly bland topics that didn't quite make sense.

It was hard to share all this attention with the one man we all planned on conquering, especially when my game-plan was less aggressive than the rest, who bluntly leaned towards him when he spoke and took every chance they got to put their hands on him.

A loud sound of heels clacking on the marble floor caught my hearing and eyesight, towards the figure entering the kitchen — soon followed by everyone else. Trish was now moving towards Odell, smiling seductively. "Can you come with me for a second?" she asked directly, grabbing his hand off and pulling him alongside her. Most ladies rolled their eyes at the sight and commented the gesture between each other, in frustration.

After throwing the leftover food in the trash, I walked out the kitchen, not feeling like staying there for another minute. I laid down in the couch that felt pretty damn comfortable and tried closing my eyes to rest, but all I could focus on was the giggling coming from outside the open area so I grabbed a pillow and pressed it against my face, trying to focus back on my resting.

"Interesting choice of sleeping position, hm?" I heard a familiar voice, taking the pillow as fast as I could out of my face, which left my messy hair spread all over my face. After looking up and seeing him standing there, I let out a light chuckle.

"It's hard to get a good rest in this house, don't judge." 

"Good luck with that — I shall get going." He chuckled, readjusting a single strand of my hair out of my face.

I smiled at him as I watched him leave the house.

Somehow, that small gesture turned my insides upside down.

Small chapter, what did you think?

Competition getting heavier, and girls are getting feisty.

p.s.: 1k votes, I appreciate you all so much!