Chapter 1

It was finally June 1st, I waited forever during my whole senior year, for this day to come. Graduation was behind me and I could finally get out of New York City and begin my new adventures at my beloved summer camp, Camp Winterwood. I spent many summers there as a camper in my childhood. I knew that when I was 18 that I would head there for my summer jobs. I missed it so much. I could almost smell the smoky campfires already. I hung out with my best friend Ashlyn, last night for our last rendezvous in the city. She hates bugs and dirt, she's a city girl through and through. Not a single thing could convince her to join me working at camp for a summer. Not even telling her that there maybe hot guy counselors.

This morning I got up super early to finish packing. I wanted to go over my list again. I didn't want to forget anything. There sure was a lot of stuff needed when you are spending three months somewhere. And somewhere in the middle of nowhere at that. I ate breakfast with my mom, before heading out to the parking garage to get my car. As I left the city lights behind me, I couldn't help but day dream what my summer would be like. New friends, new boys, and new adventures. I was so ready.

I drove two hours to the Poconos in Pennsylvania. As I drove onto the camp road I felt like I was 10 years old again. Camp was just as I remembered it to be, the long winding dirt road that led into the camp, and the smell of wood smoke filled my nose. I laughed to myself, As I recalled my camper life, I was always jealous of the counselors. It seemed that they were having the time of their lives. I hoped so sincerely that this was true. That this fantasy , I held onto that this was going to be "The Best Summer Ever!" Would hold true.