Untitled Part 9

After falling asleep peacefully , with thoughts of Mischa still in my head.  I woke up to a very loud cabin mate.  "YOU May want to get up soon" She yelled.  " Campers arrive today, and your too busy worrying about Mischa"    Excuse me?  I said to her.    "You heard me, You went out with Mischa last night.  And didn't bother to help me clean our cabin for campers today.   " Look, Nicola, I don't know who pissed in your cereal this morning. But, we have plenty of time to straighten up before campers arrive.  "  I don't know what my going out to the mall with Mischa last night has anything to do with this?"    " I warned you about him"  she snapped.    " Look Nicola, You need to chill! "   He and I are becoming friends.  I guess that is what friends do, they hang out."   He is international , and doesn't have a car to go off camp on days off!"    " Neither DO I!" she practically yelled.     " Is that what this is about?"  " You are jealous because, I took him off camp for the night and not YOU! "   ' Maybe that has something to do with it!"   She said looking like she was going to tear up.      I reached out and touched her shoulder.  " Look , I'm sorry, there will be many other days off that I can take you.  " If you need to let me know"     " Ok" she said.   " I'm sorry"  Just I get sensitive sometimes.  "  She said.     "Its ok. I replied. " Now lets get the cabin cleaned and decorated.    I told her it was ok, But quite I was a bit scared.  That was a little crazy and things were getting too weird.  I have to live with this girl for  the duration of the summer I don't want it to be ackward and uncomfortable.

We worked well together and got all our pictures/posters to hang in place and our flags were flying out on the cabin's porch.  We headed to breakfast. I was looking for Mischa naturally.  I saw him from across the dining hall. I made eye contact with him.. And he smiled.   But he didn't come over to talk to me.   I was not sure why.   But didn't worry.   

After breakfast we had a meeting , explaining how the check in process would go.    I was going to be doing swim tests at the lake and Mischa was assigned to put tags on luggage and make sure that it got to the correct villages.    I admit., I was bummed I wouldn't see him all day.   But knew that this was just a taste of how busy our summer would be.   It would be hard to "have a relationship"  If that's where this was heading.    

After the meeting,  I approached him.   " Hi Mischa , I said softly.    " Hi Leah"  he said smiling at me.   " I guess we wont get to hang out much today. But guess this is the start of true camp life"     " Yep you're right!"  Its busy once the kids arrive!"  " Well, I hope I get to see you later at least!"  I said some what nervously.     " He touched my hand, and said  " Maybe we can meet later in the staff house for a bit , we'll see"    "I'd really like that. "  I told him.    He smiled and said " Me too, Babe!'    My butterflies in my stomach just took full flight again.    He called me babe!   OMG OMG.    

" Ok , Guess we better get to our stations for the day.  " he said seeming reluctant to turn away.  "You're right"  I said.     Later"   Yep, Later" he said.    As he turned to walk towards the lodge"    I called his name!   " Mishca!"  He turned around, I just stood there.  He smiled that beautiful smile then laughed and winked at me before continuing towards his destination.       " Oh Mischa, what are you doing to me?"  I said under my breath.    I walked towards the lake to find my co lifeguards already there.    We were told about giving the kids colored wristbands to mark their swim ability.  They would wear these bands for the duration of the week at camp.    Not long after our briefing from the waterfront director.   Our first check in's arrive.    It was a busy busy day.    Although, all day Mischa was on my mind a bit.... I wondered if I was on his, while he was delivering suitcases to cabins...........   I wanted to touch him .....to talk to him..      and hoped that I would get to later on.   Al