Day off!

Our boss has granted us our first day off.  After all pre camp training is almost over and the chaos of campers arrival begins in just two days.  I feel that I am ready for it. But I'm very nervous.

Our last training of the day is to explore other program areas that we know nothing about.  I grew up here.  I feel that I know a lot of other areas.  The only one that is new to me is Music.   I told  Bree, " I want to go the Music studio and see what goes on there."  That program didn't exist when I was here as a camper"     Bree looked at me and laughed.  " You just want to go there to see Mischa !"  I couldn't help but smile at her.  "Ok you're right, you're onto me alright. "   " Fine " she replied we will go visit music but then you have to go visit Drama with me. "  " I guess I replied. I was reluctant to explore the drama cabin because I now knew that the drama director was the one and only NIcola.   Who was still nice to me don't get me wrong. But she was hiding something.  I could just tell.  But I am certain. its exactly what I think.

As Bree and I enter the cabin that houses the music program. We can hear music playing and a few staff members are gathered around.  I see Mischa in the middle of the group a guitar in his hands, he's singing too. He has the most amazing voice.  I swear he could be in a band. 

I look at Bree. She whispers  " Calm down, Down get your panties all in a bunch"  "too late I tease. 

Mischa looks over at us, smiling, waving for us to sit down with the rest of the staff that has gathered. Hi Leah, he says softly. Smiling at me. I can feel butterflies begin to flutter in my belly.   " Hi" I say back.   He smiles at Bree.   He then begins to play again. This time singing a song that is familiar to me.  Its a boy band song.   " What makes you Beautiful"  by One Direction.    He looks at me a few times when he's singing and I can't help but wonder if he picked this song because it was for me.   I wanted to think so.    Then he sang ' Time of your life"  By Green Day.   he was beautiful.  I was smitten.  I knew him now for almost a week.   Crazy.

After our mini concert by Mischa was over he walked over to me,  " Hey Leah, glad you got to see me play."   Me too!"  I replied suddenly feeling a tiny bit shy.   " I always sing at campfires so you will get to hear more soon.  "  Unless you ask me, maybe ill play more just for you."    "Really? I said.  That 1D song is one of my favorites." You can play that for me anytime!"  He smiles and says .. " That song fits you"    Then I spit it out, I know that girls are not technically supposed to be asking guys out.  But it wasn't really doing so.     " Mischa, Do you have any plans for night off tonight?"   " Not really, He replied. Probably, just practice music"     Do you want to come out with Bree and I?"  We are just going out for a bite to eat. Then some shopping!"   " Shopping with two women? , Sounds like fun" He laughed.   " But , sure I'll go with you, "   The butterflies in my stomach were flying a million miles an hour now.   " Ok , sweet. Meet in the parking lot at 7?"  I have my car there."    " Ok" He replied See you then!"     "Looking forward to it" I replied smiling but looking down at my feet.    " I am too" He said softly.

Omg freaking out...   Bree was freaking out too.   " See , I told you he like you!"     Now I have to find the perfect outfit.      ....