Lake!

I went to bed that evening, after our late training sessions.I couldn't sleep.  I had so much on my mind.  I decided to try to text Ashlyn again. 

me:   Hey Ash,  What's up!  Cant sleep. So much on my mind.

Ashlyn:  I'm about to go out , I wish you were still  in the city.

Me: Surprisingly, I don't miss the city.   I've got it bad, really have a bad crush on this boy. u know me.  I don't usually get all flustered by boys.

Ashlyn:  Yeah you don't.  I still need a pic.  LOL   Then I can tell you if hes worth your worries.  LOL :)

Me: Trust me, he's hot.  But looks aren't everything.  And I only knew him 24 hours I cant just run up to him like some paparazzi. LOL

Ashlyn:  Yeah you're right.  Well I'm gonna be waiting to see this boy.  Its not crazy to experience love at first sight.  Maybe its real? 

Me: Idk but wow....  I get butterflies in my stomach when he's near me.  Cray!

Ashlyn:  Not Crazy at all.    Good luck . love ya.   Its loud in this club. ttyl

Me: Ok love you too, 

I was suddenly glad that I wasn't out clubbing with my friends in NYC, I felt more at home at camp.  With the sound of the frogs in lake, the owl I could hear in the distance. I loved it here.  Since I was a kid.  I couldn't help but think of all the memories I made here as a camper.  Was so relaxing

I heard rustling in my cabin and I knew that Nicola was still awake.  "Nicola, is that you?"  I called out to her.  " Yes , I'm awake!"  She replied.   I wandered over to her side.    " So, you seemed to hit it off with Mischa today?"   " Yea , I guess I did he's a pretty nice guy!"  I could not help but smile.  " I told you she said ," Just be careful"   " Why?"  I asked genuinely curious about what she had to say.  " Well, she continued.   He never dates anyone at camp."  He did one summer , our first summer here.  He says he wont date again. Not at camp. "  I was confused.    " Ok"  Well, what went wrong?  Did she break his heart?"   " No, the opposite actually, they were close all summer then he went home to Russia , she wanted to go visit him. He told her not to bother."     " Wow!"  I said.  " Well, I guess all he wanted was a summer fling!"     " Yea probably , she said.  

" So I guess don't get too attached to him."  She continued.  

 In my head I was thinkin that didn't sound like the sweet sweet guy I was just talking to a few hours ago.   But I guess I only knew him  a day.  Maybe, since she knew a few years she knows him better.  Or my other  crazy thought was this ...   What if Nicola WAS this girl he was with a few summers ago.  And she is so scorned that she doesn't want anyone else to have him?"    No Leah, get these crazy thoughts out of your head.   

" Ok , Well thanks for talking with me" I said.,  I think that I am going to try to get some sleep now.  "Ok me too" She replied.   The next am we had to get up early to take our swim tests.  Every staff has to take on except the lifeguards so I am exempt. YAY!

As we were all at the lake.  Mischa walked over to me. " Hey Leah! "      OMG I loved how he said my name with his accent.  What was happening to me?    "Hey Mischa "  I said.     "If I drown will you save me?"  He asked.   'Of Course, its my job as a life guard. "   Why cant you swim?"   I asked.  " I'm an ok swimmer," I'm sure not as good as you though"   "Well , you're the music director.  " I'm sure that you play music better then me."  I have never picked up an instrument."      He just smiled. 

Somehow , I knew.  at that moment that he smiled at me. That something crazy was going to happen this summer.