Summer Love

I noticed the light was still on in Bree's cabin. I walked in to the door and walked into her tiny room. She was sitting on her bed reading a book.   She looked up.   " Oh my God, Leah you scared the crap out of me"   I'm sorry, I said giggling."      " Well, you seem really giddy" She teased.   " I have a camp boyfriend"   No way"  She replied.   " Yep , its official. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling.  Lets go out side on the porch so we don't wake up campers she said in a whisper.

As we sat on the porch, We talked and I told her everything.  Everything about Nicola, everything about my night with Mischa.  I was becoming so close to her,  It was a cool feeling. Oddly, I never felt such a friendship bond with Ashlyn back home.   I had friends who were staff at camps tell me that , camp friends quickly become your best friends.  But I didn't understand.  I do now.  

I love camp life,  and I never want to go home.   " I want to live here in the moment forever.  I began to feel different emotion.  As I told Bree, about my fear that I was or had fallen for Mischa , but it could only be a summer fling.   " Why?" she asked.   "skype with him,   Theres also apps you can use to communicate.   Its not like ancient times or something. Then go visit him!!  "  You have the amazing chance to see another part of the world, With your BOYFRIEND!"    Ya know what you're right!"   I'm going to try to do a semester abroad ion Russia next year.   How cool would that be?"   It would be really cool! "   She said smiling.   I gave her a hug.,  and said  " I better head back to my own cabin, its late."   "Ok yea I need to go to sleep too"    Thanks for listening, Bree.   " anytime, Leah."   

I got back to my cabin and unfolded the note in my pocket.   It read:

My beautiful Leah,

I hope you enjoyed my serenade tonight.   I speak better thru music then thru words.   But I have to say a few words to you tonight.  Just in case they don't come out right , when I'm with you tonight.   Youre the most beautiful girl, ive ever met,  When you walk in the room, your smile lights it up.  I want to spend every minute with you.    I love you Leah!     Good night Sweet Dreams my princess!  Love Mish.

I smiled and tucked the note under my pillow, closing my eyes hoping to dream of a thousand more memories to come with my " camp boyfriend " My Russian love"