Chapter 3 Ai Hod Yu In

AN: The song is what I was listening to when I wrote the flashback scene so if you want the vibes I was drawing from that's it. Listen if you want. Also, leave a comment of some of the things you might want to see happen in this story, I have some basic stuff, but mostly I just write what I can come up with.

Lexa fought through the darkness that clouded her vision and opened her eyes to a blinding light. Everything around her was blurry and it was quite disconcerting. She blinked rapidly, trying to get it to clear.

It took a minute, but suddenly everything snapped back into focus. Observing her surroundings, she noticed a boy no older than she was across the room, leaning against the balcony doors, staring outside.

Her body tensed when she didn't recognize him. She shut her eyes again, feigning sleep as she tried to remember what had happened and how she had gotten here. The last thing she remembered was Clarke leaving to go back to Arkadia.

Lexa woke to gentle morning light, Clarke's bare back the only thing in front of her. She was sitting up on the edge of the bed, breathing deeply. Lexa watched as the blonde's muscles expanded and contracted with each inhale and exhale.

"Clarke," Lexa whispered.

Clarke turned, tears in her eyes though a smile graced her features, "Good Morning, Lexa."

Lexa's own small smile faltered and she realized this was actually happening, "How long until you leave?"

Clarke flinched, the idea of leaving Lexa physically painful, and when she answered, her voice was thick, "Not long."

Lexa pushed the furs off of her, not bothering to cover herself as she crawled over to hug Clarke from behind and kiss her shoulder.

"Let me help you get ready."

Clarke nodded under her ministrations, her eyes shut as a few tears fell from her eyes. Lexa stood up and collected their clothes from the floor, folding them and placing them on a chair nearby. She got out two sets of armor and, after getting herself dressed, walked back over to where Clarke sat.

She helped Clarke wrap her chest, kissing her back. She kneeled in front of her, helping her put on her pants, kissing her thighs and her hips, before securing the buckles and belt. She laced up Clarke's boots.

Lexa kissed her stomach and her chest before pulling the shirt over her body. As she pulled on Clarke's outer armor, Lexa kissed her hands, her shoulders, her collarbones, and her neck. She fastened the buckles with steady hands, hoping to lend Clarke some strength. She would allow herself to break only after Clarke was safe.

Lexa stood once she was finished and held Clarke's face in her hands. She kissed her forehead, her cheeks, the tip of her nose, but not her mouth. She couldn't, for it would surely break them both.

She rested their foreheads together for a few minutes, using the last of her strength to pull away. She offered a hand to pull her from the bed, which Clarke accepted. They reached the door, and Lexa had every intention of being by Clarke's side until she simply couldn't anymore, but Clarke stopped her.

"I think I should do this on my own."

Lexa looked down, not liking the idea of saying goodbye early, but she knew it was for the best, so she nodded. If this is what Clarke needed, she would do it.

She met Clarke's watery gaze with a tearful one of her own, "Be safe, Klark kom Skaikru. Come home to me."

Clarke nodded, a few tears leaking out, "I will."