Chapter 10 Nightbloods

*AN*
Aden-B-15 Trishana Kru (Glowing Forest Clan)
Lily-G-6 Trikru (Woods Clan)
Nova-G-9 Delfikru (Delphi Clan)
Cass-B-14 Ouskejon Kru (Blue Cliff Clan)
Haven-G-16 Yujleda (Broadleaf Clan)
Muse-G-10 Floukru (Boat People)
Arwen-B-16 Azgeda (Ice Nation)
Pan-B-7 Sankru (Desert Clan)
Ash-B-13 Podakru (Lake People)
Gabriel-B-12 Ingranrona Kuru (Plain Riders)
Mist-G-15 Boudalan Kuru (Rockline Clan)
Ryden-B-8 Louwoda Kliron (Shallow Valley Clan)

Lexa continued to heal and get stronger over the next few days. They stayed together in bed most of the time, Lexa content to just hold Clarke and be in her presence, and Clarke, allowing her body to gain back its strength, was constantly either resting or sleeping. Lexa only woke her up for meals, and noticed that Clarke had been forcing herself to eat a little bit more each time. It had been three days since the night of Clarke's worst nightmare yet, and Clarke was, for once, awake and ready for conversation. They spoke softly and gently, their fingers intertwined as their hearts beat against one another's.

"Clarke, can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can."

"What do you see when you close your eyes? What is causing you so much pain that you scream in your sleep?" Lexa asked concerned for her lover's mind.

Clarke looked down, face flushed with embarrassment, she hadn't screamed in her sleep since she was in her cell on the ark. "Well, it's kind of a long story." She answered, dodging the question and hoping Lexa wouldn't notice. But this was Lexa, she noticed everything.

"One, you didn't answer any of my questions. And two, if you haven't noticed, we've got nothing but time right now." She sighed and forced Clarke to meet her gaze. "I respect that you do not wish to speak of these things in fear of burdening me. But you are mine, and your burdens are mine to carry as well. You are not alone in this. Whatever this is, I want to help you get through it."

Clarke nodded, "I see you getting shot." She choked out, "Every night. And there's nothing I can do to stop it. And I'm trapped and it's...well, it's heavy," she couldn't think to describe it any other way, "and I don't want it, but it's always there. I can fight against it when I'm awake. But when I'm asleep... it's like someone cut the invisible string and it comes crashing down on top of me before I have the chance to run. It pins me down and crushes my lungs and I can't breathe. And I try to scream, but nothing comes out..." She laughed without humor, "at lease not in my dreams...I guess it does come out though. Sorry about that, by the way." She finished embarrassed still.

Lexa smiled and kissed Clarke softly, "Do not apologize, Klark. We all have demons to fight. I'm glad I can be here to assist you in fighting yours." They lied together once again in silence before Lexa spoke, "I'm sorry, Clarke." Clarke's forehead scrunched in confusion, "What are you sorry for?" Lexa sighed, pulling Clarke closer.

"Everything, Clarke. I am so sorry for everything. It seems as though every hard choice you've ever had to make is because of me. I sent my army to your camp, you had to kill three hundred warriors. I forced you to leave with me, you were forced to watch a missile fall on TonDC and your friends." Lexa swallowed, her guilt forming a knot in her stomach, "I left at the mountain. And I forced you to pull that lever. I forced you into the role of Wanheda. And I am so sorry for that, Clarke."

Clarke shook her head, wiping the tears softly flowing down Lexa's cheeks. "Hey. Hey, no. Lexa, you are not responsible for any of my actions. I am. I know you, you want to take this burden for me. But I won't let you, it's not yours to carry. I don't blame you. I don't think I ever really did. I love you." Lexa smiled and kissed her forehead, "I love you as well, Klark kom Skaikru."