Chapter 19 I Win

When they broke apart, Clarke moved her hand to run along Lexa's cheek, "What was that for?" Lexa smiled, looking down at her, "I am proud of you, Clarke." Clarke smiled, "That was incredible!" she gushed, "They listened to me, Lexa! They didn't challenge me and when I told them my ideas they agreed. Did you see them at the end? They kneeled for me!" Lexa laughed at the blonde's expression, "I told you, hodnes, they respect you."

Clarke smiled and kissed Lexa again, "Do we have anything else to do today?" Lexa took her hand and started to lead her back to their room, "No. Not until dinner, we must have a feast with the ambassadors. The rest of the day, however, is ours. Is there something you would like to do?"

Clarke thought about it for a moment, unsure of how Lexa would respond. "Well, I was planning on training with Lincoln and Octavia..." Lexa nodded. "...but I was wondering if..." Lexa looked back at her when she paused, "If what, Clarke?"

Stepping into their room and shutting the door behind them, she continued, "I wanted to ask if you would like to train with us... with me?" Lexa froze for a second, but recovered quickly, "Of course. It would be nice to see how far you've come." Clarke smiled, kissing Lexa shoulder from behind.

They undressed each other slowly, kissing each new piece of skin that they revealed as the ceremonious armor came off. They then redressed each other in lighter, more flexible armor that they would use for training. "Tell me again why we have to wear all that heavy stuff for meetings?" Clarke groaned as the new armor was placed on, still not quite used to the added weight.

Lexa chuckled, "It is tradition to wear one's best for ceremonies. And most leaders have a special set that is more decorated, that they would only use for meetings and ceremonies only, like we do." Clarke nodded, it was like on the ark, when her mother had forced her into a dress for Unity Day celebrations.

They walked down the twisting streets of Polis, and when Lexa asked her to lead the way to where her and Lincoln usually train, she grudgingly admitted that she didn't know how to get there, which led to another round of teasing from Lexa.

"I'm just saying, Clarke. You have been here for how long now? A few months? And you still don't know you're way through the streets?" Clarke elbowed her in the side, though it probably hurt her elbow more that it did Lexa. "It's confusing! The hallways in the Ark were only so long and there was really only one way to get from place to place. Everything was straight and orderly. Here, everything twists and curves and there's probably thirty different ways to get places!" Lexa just laughed at her outburst. "Well then, perhaps I will lead the way."

----------------------------------

Clarke's back hit the dirt for the sixth time. "Ow." Lexa chuckled, reaching down to pull her back to her feet. "That was better, Clarke. Again."

Clarke picked up her sword from where it had fallen when Lexa had kicked it from her hand. Sinking back into her fighting stance, she tried once more to find a weak spot in the Commander's defenses. She blew out a frustrated breath when she once again found none.

"You're face betrays your thoughts again, Clarke." Snapping from her daze, Clarke slammed her mask down, continuing to observe the Commander's movements as they circled each other. She could hear Lincoln and Octavia's swords clashing behind her and she tried not to let that distract her, though it was difficult.

Lexa's sword gleamed in the sunlight, and her green eyes were focused solely on Clarke's movements, seeing all the blonde's weaknesses and knowing she was distracted. She rushed towards her, bringing one of her swords down in a arc, though holding back slightly so Clarke could have a chance to react.

They girls' swords met with a loud clang, and Clarke's wrist stung slightly. Lexa pushed against their weapons, using the momentum to twist her body around and bring her sword once more towards Clarke's neck. Clarke barley managed to dodge in time, and put a little distance between them.