May the odds be ever in your favor!

Clove's POV

It was time to bid farewell to our mentors. A temporary 'good bye' would do. I'm coming back, I'll show & prove them that all they had taught me didn't go to waste.

- 46 seconds left -

"Just stick with the plan and both of you might make it back." my mentor Enobaria said.

"For the millionth time. I understand. I know. I'm not stupid." I said annoyingly.

"The game hasn't even started yet, but you already possess a typical Victors attitude. Not bad assuming your fate but I'm telling you, it's not what it looks like. Winning isn't that easy. It's everyone's game. That's why we've came up with the plan. A strategic plan."

- 10 seconds -

"I get it. Don't worry, I'll be fine."  I spat.

Then I entered the tube which will lead me to the arena.

My mentor is trying to tell me something but it isn't audible inside the tube.

By just reading her lips, she's mouthing  ..

"May the odds be ever in your favor "

Just in time the tube started escalating.

I was filled with emotions as I was approaching the arena.

Afraid, are you Clove? There's no way turning back now. You wanted this right?  Now you'll have to face each one of them. Do or die right? Are you certain you'll become the Victor?  Tsk tsk. You don't know really what you're doing.

Pathetic.  Why am I arguing with myself at times like this? Now that I'm going to the arena, why am I having second thoughts?

--

In no time I was already at the arena.

A smile formed in my face as I saw how terrified others were. They are like a prey who's an easy catch and is waiting for their predator to devour them. Even the crowds favorite Katniss is terrified as well. She'll be down easily and I  want to do it my own.

I haven't noticed the countdown had already started.

I'm all set. What I feel right now is bloodlust.

6

5

4

This is it.

3

2

1

..

The game had begun.