He Knows

Clove's POV

His lips touches mine but I didn't feel anything.

I was so shocked that I turned red. I immediately looked away from embarrassment, but I was quite hoping some hidden camera caught what he did so our - I mean my fake act will catch some attention from the sponsors. People from the Capitol loves romance and the thought of having that kind of love which the other one might die is so tragic to them. Ugh. It's so frustrating. I can't impress the sponsors in my own way. I have to deal with this star crossed lovers act.

"Clove? I'm so sorry about that."

"No. It's fine." I smiled.

No! It isn't fine. You can't just kiss me like that! I'm going to kill you Cato Hadley!

I'm trying my best not to lose my temper  .. and my mind as well. I'm not supposed to be a softie. I am tough. I am supposed to show what I really am!

"Um. Cato? I'm quite tired. I'm going to sleep. See you tomorrow then."

He just smiled.

I'm so mad, I want to bash his skull.

--

Morning came.

We're all set to start hunting the girl on fire. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see her end.
Peeta led the way as he knows which might be her whereabouts.

Then thought from last night came again. I stopped in my tracks.

"What's wrong Clover?" asked Marvel.

Cato furrowed his brow and looks at Marvel. Oh god he's so pathetic at being jealous.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine. I just thought I heard something, but it was nothing. So let's go, shall we?"

We continued our tracks until Peeta knelt unto something.

"One of her traps. She must be near."

So, we've been walking for hours or just minutes, we don't have any idea how time works here in the arena. Feels like we've been here for few day but I think it's only a day.

"Can we stop for a while? I'm tired and thirsty." Glimmer whined.

We all agreed. All of us were already tired. We spotted a river nearby to get water when someone caught our attention.

It was Katniss!

We are like a bunch of crazy predators chasing after a very special prey. We run as fast as we can and there were screaming on who's going to catch Katniss first. But she's fast. Can't underestimate someone like her who came from a lower district.

Then she started climbing up the tree. Cato immediately tried to come after her.

"I'm going to get you!" said Cato who's struggling in climbing the tree.

To our dismay Cato fell from it. He can't climb that tree. We can't either, which is quite ridiculous that we trained for the rest of our lives and we can't climb a tree.

Then Glimmer tried to use her bow and arrows, but she can't even hit Katniss. Cato tried to do the same but he failed.

"Maybe you should throw the sword!" said Katniss sarcastically up in the tree.

This girl has some sense of humor.

"What shall we do then?" asked Marvel.

We just exchanged looks from each other. No one's saying anything.

"I think we should just wait for her to go down. She'll go down eventually, she's not going to last up there." said Peeta.

"I think he got a point. She can't stay there for a long time." said Glimmer.

"It's settled then. Somebody make a fire." said Cato.

We went into our separate ways to look for some wood to make fire. I noticed Peeta was following me.

"So, were you and Katniss friends back in your district?" I asked.

"Oh. Not really. We just had an interaction once. But we haven't even spoken to each other." he responded.

"I see. Don't be offended but I still don't trust you. I don't know your motives but you seemed like a nice guy." I said, gathering some wood.

"I think that's what all of us have in common. We don't trust each other. We can't. In a game where there's only a lone survivor, there's no way you can trust anybody. But you need an ally to stay alive for a while but you'll just end up killing each other in the end anyway. I guess it's desperation that you need to act friendly towards your enemies. Am I right?" he smiled.

Everything he had said was true.

"You're right. But I guess not everyone thinks like that. Some are volunteering for the sake of their loved ones, like what Katniss did. Not everyone here wants to win."

"Just like Cato." said Peeta.

"What? What do you mean?"

"I saw what happened between the two of you last night. I knew at that moment he's not here to win. He's here just to be with you and protect you. Don't worry I won't tell anyone." then Peeta left.

So, he was convinced with just one kiss that two people are in love with each other. A smile formed in my face. It's working. Who would've thought this big lie of mine would work. This might bring me to victory.

A/n  I'm baaaack! The story is still alive.