Uncertainty

*Clove's POV*

It was supposed to be a moment of sincerity. After what Marvel had said made us Careers truly humans. That we are not heartless, in fact we're just a bunch of kids who are play - pretending as warriors. We're afraid just like the rest. But there's no way I would show it. I'll win this.

But something isn't right here. Is he trying to get our sympathy? Make us think of what we truly feel and use it against us. I can't tell.

"We lose Peeta. Where did he go?" Cato sighed in disappointment.

We lose our focus momentarily and we lose Peeta. What are you trying to do Marvel?

"He could've sensed us that's why he immediately escaped." said Marvel.

"There's nothing we can do. We'll look for him and Katniss on our own."

"But he was our facile way .. right. There's nothing we can do." said Cato.

Now I get it.

"I supposed we should head back to the cornucopia." I smiled.

No one took a single step. It was so silent that the only noise I could hear is the faint sound of our breathing.

"I know you're in there!" Cato yelled.

Peeta emerged from the bush he was hiding in.

"I'll handle him. You both go now." said Cato as he readied his sword.

Marvel went ahead first and I followed him.
He noticed how silent I was.

"Why so silent? What's going on in your head Clover?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Planning on how to kill me? I'm telling you now is not the right time."

What do you mean by that?

Then Marvel laughed. But it wasn't the laugh he used to have before. It became eerie.

What happened to you?

"How did you know Peeta was hiding and was watching over us?" I asked.

"The moment I interrupted both of you by saying that I think your plan was stupid. He caught us. I thought he'll fled away but he chose to watch over us. I don't know maybe he's planning something. Or everything was just a trap. But everything I had told you was true. I'm not forcing you to believe me. I just want you to know."

Quite clever Marvel. I wasn't the only one manipulating everyone here.

"Quite clever. I do believe you. I assure you that." I smiled as we both head to the cornucopia.

I don't. You messed with the wrong one.

A/n  do you trust Marvel or nah? Hello, it's me .. finishing this part @1:15 am. (✖╭╮✖)