Star-crossed

Clove already had the mindset to seize the title of being a Victor while Cato, only has one thing on his mind. To keep Clove alive. He already accept defeat the moment Clove volunteered to be a tribute but the only thing he can do to regain himself is to make sure she’ll make it back home. He can’t afford to lose someone he loves so much, he had a bitter childhood when his mother left him with his opprobrious father. He grew up tough despite of all the downfall, he’s one of district 2’s crowd favorite and top pick to be sent into the games. Clove grew up with the aim to become one of district 2’s pride, other than that she wanted to follow her father’s footsteps on becoming a Victor. Nothing and no one can stop her. It appears that they’re star-crossed lovers, an ill-fated love story between two unforeseen people who’s in a game where only one can go out alive. The story has been spreading like a wildfire in the Capitol, spectators were filled with sorrow for them, they wanted both of them to get out but it can’t be possible.Odds of it happening is too impossible.

Few hours had passed after the almost unfortunate incident. Both Cato and Clove stayed at their new hideout in the forest. Planning their last strategies in the game. It’s their last chance for a guaranteed win for Clove, Cato thought. Both of them doesn’t have any idea how most spectators are rooting for them to win together even if it’s impossible but no one knows what might happen.

“I’m certain Peeta is still weak, I’ll look for him and make sure he’s dead and after that we can both kill Katniss ..” said Clove as she sharpened her knives.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” said Cato casually.

“What about Marvel? He should be eliminated first.” asked Clove.

“I’m sure he’s just going to show up when you least expected it so be ready at all times.”

~¤~

Rain started to pour as night came. Both were exhausted from gathering woods and hunting for food. Clove started yawning as she stared at the droplets falling.

"You better get some sleep now." said Cato as he noticed her.

"I would love to, if all of this was just a dream. If I would wake up back in our district and everything is fine. Even if it isn't. We can pretend that none of these happened." a smile on her face disappeared.

'Tell me, this isn't a bad idea right? This is what you wanted from the very beginning. You don't regret anything  .. '  she thought to herself.

"We became cruel without realizing it because we thought we can't become like them, the Capitol. We thought we could make a difference, but they made us who we are .. vicious, cruel, heartless. They made us kill one another instead of unifying  with each other to destroy the system they had made. We wanted to impress them in return, despite of how vile it is. Don't you regret anything Cato?"

"Love made us do it. Why would I regret anything? It may sound displeasing but it's not them who made us cruel. It was love, you'll do anything for someone you love right? You're willing to do the cruelest thing right? President Snow loves power. People from Capitol loves the entertainment President Snow had given them that's why they're still devoted to him. And us, tribute from districts definitely has no choice. It may be love for bringing pride or any personal reasons that made us participate in the game or simply for those we love, Katniss volunteered for her sister because she loves her. And I, because I love you."

'and that love is going to kill you'

~¤~

They both fell asleep in each others arms. It was the start of a crucial day where no one knows what might happen, someone might or might not be killed or the possibility of knowing the new Victor. They started looking for Peeta and Katniss but still no sign of them. Marvel is out of sight either.

"I'm betting you that nothing won't happen today. We've been looking for them for so long but still nothing. They must've been hiding somewhere until they were the only ones left." said Cato as he started to get impatient.

"Silly, an enemy won't do that. They must be out there looking for us too. No one is wasting each others time at times like this." said Clove.

"You're definitely right with that Clove." a familiar voice spoke behind them.

A/n Hey 👋 I would really like to apologize if some parts of this update doesn't make sense. Like srsly, I'm half asleep while doing this so I really don't have any idea on what I'm typing. Thanks for still supporting this Clato fanfic of mine, to those who like and comment ilysm! ❤ few chapters to go before the ending so yeah.