Chapter 2

Chapter 2 // My Past.

<Esmee's POV>

<FLASHBACK>

It was night within the Soul Society. The sky was pitch black and the moon was nowhere to be seen. The only light source was the stars, glimmering in the night sky. I was wandering around the mysterious forest nearby the Rukon District, attempting to find my sister who had been missing for five years at the time. She was pronounced dead because nobody had located a trace of her, but I was in permanent denial. I had deep cuts and several bruises, and there was no doubt that the guards were out looking for me. I was part of the Fifth Noble Clan, the Arisu Clan.

I felt dizzy and fatigued, and I collapsed onto my knees. I heard leaves rustling and footsteps coming closer to me every single second.

"S-Stay a-aw-away." I managed to cough out.

"Lady Arisu, please allow me to help you." The person, who I could now identify as male, begged as he took some steps closer to me.

"I said..." I began, "STAY AWAY!" I screeched.

I raised my spiritual pressure and I could tell that the male who was trying to help me was now on his knees, struggling to breath.

"I just want to help you." He replied while panting heavily.

"H-Help?" I repeated.

He nodded, and then came closer to me as I decreased my spiritual pressure. He picked me up bridal style and began to flash step away.

I could now make out this person's appearance. He had white hair and bright, turquoise eyes. He wore a white haori, and that's when I realised that this person was a captain of the Fourteen Court Guard Squads. It was obvious when I saw his white hair and turquoise eyes that this male was Toshiro Hitsugaya.

I knew my way around the Seireitei, seeing as my father is the Captain of Squad Fourteen - a Squad that was not accepted by many people when it first began - but then people got used to it. They revolve mainly around protecting others.

I recognised the place we were heading to as the Squad Four barracks. We entered the barracks and then the Squad Four Captain, Restu Unohana, appeared and took me away from Toshiro and placed me on a bed. She tended to my wounds and then exited the room. Soon enough, she came back in and walked next to my bed.

"Lady Arisu, would you mind telling me what happened?" Captain Unohana asked.

"I was se-searching for my s-sister." I answered as her eyes softened.

"Your parents have been contacted about your whereabouts, and the Head Captain has been informed about you. You will be staying here until further notice." She told me.

"Thank you, Captain Unohana." I responded.

I soon fell into a peaceful slumber.

<TIMESKIP>

My eyelids fluttered open and I scanned the room I was in, and then I remembered I was in the Squad Four barracks. After about ten minutes, a knock was heard at my door.

"Come in." I spoke.

The door opened and there stood my father, mother, Toshiro Hitsugaya and the Head Captain. They came into the room and stood beside my bed and I tilted my head to the side, slightly confused.

"Esmee Arisu, we have been notified that you have tremendous spiritual pressure that can put somebody of a Captain's title on their knees. Is this correct?" The Head Captain asked.

I just nodded, I didn't have the courage or the strength to speak at this moment in time.

"When you are released from the care of Captain Unohana, report immediately to me and there will be a Captain's meeting held." Head Captain told me.

"Yes, Captain." I spoke.

When I was recovered, they held a Captain's meeting regarding what division I would be placed in and what position I would be. Many captains debated and argued about why I should be in their squad, but then the Head Captain made the decision that I should be in Squad Ten as their third seat and that's where I stayed.