Chapter 10

Chapter 10 // Changes.

<Esmee's POV>

"I love you, Esmee Arisu." Byakuya told me as he put my hand in his.

Happiness swelled up inside of me and I could finally identify this foreign feeling. Love.

"C-Captain Kuchiki. I-I love you too." I responded with a grin on my face.

He smiled, and it was the first time I saw him have an emotion plastered on his face. He leaned closer towards me, and soon enough I felt his soft lips on mine as we kissed delicately. When we broke away, Byakuya placed my head on his shoulder as he stroked my luscious, long, black hair carefully.

After a while of peaceful silence, a hell butterfly appeared and landed on my finger.

"What is it?" Byakuya asked.

"The head captain wants to see me, I have to go." I told him.

"Okay then." He responded as he embraced me.

"I love you, Captain Kuchiki." I smiled.

"I love you too, Esmee. But call me Byakuya when we're in private." He told me.

I nodded, then flash stepped away to the first division and approached the large, tall doors.

I knocked on the door gently and heard a loud, commanding voice on the inside.

"Enter." It told me.

The door opened and I stepped inside of the large room, the Head Captain was sat on his chair and motioned for me to come forward.

I stepped forward and bowed down in front of him. To be honest, I didn't talk with the Head Captain much but we have a good bond.

"Esmee, I have heard from multiple Captains that you have tremendous spiritual pressure. Is this correct?" He asked.

"Yes, Head Captain." I answered.

"With this tremendous spiritual pressure, I am assuming you have a Bankai?" He questioned.

I already know where this is heading.

"Yes, I do." I responded.

"Would you like to demonstrate your Bankai and become a Captain, Esmee?" The Head Captain asked me.

"I guess I don't have a choice, do I?" I replied.

The Head Captain grinned, as if to tell me, "Nope." I sighed in defeat.

"Who do I have to fight?" I asked.

"Captain Hitsugaya." He answered.

"Fine." I replied.

"It is decided. I shall call the Captain's for a meeting immediately." The head captain told me.

He sent a hell butterfly to all of the captains and we flash stepped to the Squad One training field, and in a few minutes all of the captains were lined up, glaring at me with confusion in their eyes. Four Captains were missing but I already knew who they were. In place of them were the Lieutenants of that Squad. Squad Three had Izuru Kira. Squad Five's Lieutenant was absent as she is still suffering from Aizen's betrayal. Squad Nine had Shuhei Hisagi while Squad Fourteen had my brother, Daisuke Arisu.