Chapter 20

Chapter 20 // Waking up.

<Esmee's POV>

I was trapped in a never-ending black abyss, it had seemed like years since I saw the real world to the point where I had forgotten the taste and smell of the world I had left behind. All my senses were gone and I was paralyzed from fright. I felt like crying a million tears of shock that was clouding my mind but I couldn't even move the slightest inch making me more scared. It felt like I had just died and I was now preparing for torture.

"Why can't I move?" I thought to myself. "Wake up!"

"I love you, Princess." I heard a familiar voice say and I felt so relieved.

My prince finally came to save me from the doom that was before me and I couldn't of been happier. All my worries had now left me and they were replaced with complete determination to wake up again. Even though we had been together for a while now, I can never get over the feeling of butterflies that erupt in my stomach whenever I hear him, sense him or see him. From hearing his words I had more motivation to see light again.

"WAKE UP!" I yelled in my mind.

I suddenly jolted up and I regained all my senses. The intense light blinded me, forcing me to shut my eyes and try again to open them. I wished that I could return back to my tragic slumber as soon as I felt agonizing pain all over my body, but I had completely forgotten why I felt pain or anything that happened before I had hit the ground and fell into the terrible world of darkness.

"I see that your awake now." Somebody spoke.

I tilted my head towards the source of the voice and smiled slightly when I set my sights upon Byakuya as I tried to lie back down.

"What happened to me?" I asked.

"We were hoping that you could tell us that." Another voice replied.

"What do you mean, Kisuke?" I questioned.

"We only have assumptions about what happened to you seeing as you went out alone. Do you remember anything?" Kisuke asked.

My eyes widened when all the memories flooded back into my brain, making my head ache from pain.

"I was walking in the woods when I felt Aizen's spiritual pressure then I was pushed against a tree. He told me that I had to come with him because I am the only person who could kill him and I have great abilities. I told him that I didn't take orders from him and then pushed him against a tree and he pushed me back. I somehow cut his arm and released my Bankai. I did the trick I used when battling Captain Hitsugaya and he used Kyoka Suigetsu to trick me into thinking that I'd killed him and then he cut me in my side and chest. I cut him back deeply in his chest and he retreated and went through a gargantua." I explained.

"Just as the Head Captain thought." Kisuke whispered.

"How long have I been out?" I questioned.

"Five days, we have to return to the Soul Society as soon as you regain your strength." Byakuya answered.

"Has anything happened while I've been out?" I asked.

"We've discovered that the strange spiritual pressure has been arrancars, Aizen's new army. He probably didn't send one after you because he knew you could've killed it instantly." Kisuke explained.

"That makes sense." I replied.

"How do you feel?" Byakuya spoke.

"I feel fine, I just have a few aches and pains but what can I expect after fighting against somebody like Aizen?" I responded.

"Do you think you have enough strength to return to the Soul Society?" Byakuya questioned.

"If I couldn't deal with a few aches and pains as a Captain I would surely have died by now." I chuckled.

"Lets go then, just remember to take it easy when we're back." Byakuya told me as he interlocked our fingers and helped me up.

"I'll be fine." I smiled.

Byakuya, Shuhei and I returned back to the peaceful Soul Society that I missed dearly on our trip. While we were returning to the Ninth division barracks, Byakuya refused to leave my side or release my fragile, pale and from his tight and strong grasp until I was at my office and safe while Shuhei kept on asking me if I was okay because he was worried when he saw me looking like death five days ago. I was getting slightly agitated by them both but I can't stay mad at them two for long so I pushed the feeling to the side and just chuckled whenever they panicked or got worried. When we finally made our way to the office, Byakuya unexpectedly embraced me in a tight hug filled with love and concern then he placed his two slender fingers under my chin, forcing me to look at him and gaze into his beautiful, dreamy, perfect raven eyes while he kissed me passionately.

"I've had to wait five days to do that now, do you know what torture it has been?" He asked once he pulled away.

"You're not the only one who's had to wait." I chuckled slightly.

"Make sure you take it easy." He repeated while kissing my cheek softly.

"Sure thing, mum." I joked.

He grumbled slightly then slightly smiled before he flash stepped towards his barracks while I entered the Squad Nine office where my doom awaited to be bombarded by several different questions regarding mine and Byakuya's perfect relationship.

"What's going on between you and Captain Kuchiki then?" Shuhei questioned curiously while he held a smirk.

"What do you think?" I chuckled.

"How long has that been going on for then?" He asked as he continued with his several pieces of agonizing paperwork.

"A while." I replied as I sat down at my desk as began to complete the paperwork that was stacked upon my desk.