Chapter 19

Chapter 19 // Blood.

<Byakuya's POV>

Esmee had went for a walk somewhere about 2 hours ago while Renji, Shuhei, Kisuke, Yoruichi, Tessai and I were sat around the table discussing several different battle strategies and techniques.

"Do you have any ideas of what could be causing this spiritual pressure?" Renji asked curiously.

"No clue, but my guess is that it's got something to do with Aizen." Kisuke presumed.

"What should we do if we encounter the spiritual pressure?" Shuhei questioned.

"Contact everyone immediately and try to hold on." Yoruichi replied sternly.

"Has there been any news from the Soul Society?" Renji spoke.

"Nothing." I responded.

"Well that's great." Shuhei said sarcastically.

"We can't do anything about it though. If this spiritual pressure does not show us anything then we can't show any information." Kisuke explained.

"What should we do until we get in contact with it?" Renji questioned.

"Sleep, train and go to school. Seeing as you'll be here for a while then you'll have to go and enroll at Karakura Town for a while, or you could just use memory replacement." Kisuke answered.

"Anyways, shouldn't Captain Arisu be back by now? She's been gone for two hours." Shuhei informed us.

My eyes widened when I realized that Shuhei was correct, and that it was rather strange that she hadn't returned from her walk.

"You know what Esmee is like, she enjoys taking random walks." Yoruichi replied.

"No. Something is wrong." I informed them.

"What do you mean, Captain?" Renji asked.

"Her spiritual pressure." I gasped when I realized how low it was.

Without warning, I flash stepped to the location of Esmee's spiritual pressure as fast as I could and tried to search everywhere for her.

"What is going on?" I sighed.

I came across a forest where I could sense some of Esmee's spiritual pressure, as well as somebody else's that was very familiar but it was too faint to recognize. Renji and Shuhei flash stepped behind me as I entered the deep forest and began to search for the love of my life.

"Where is she?" Renji asked.

"More importantly, why is there another spiritual pressure and who is it?" Shuhei questioned.

"I recognize the spiritual pressure, but it is too faint for me to name. The person must've left a while ago." I answered.

My eyes widened when I saw a large amount of red covering the forest floor. Curiosity got the better of me so I approached it and I gasped when I saw that the source of the large amount of red was a body. I knelt down on the ground and tears threatened to spill out of my eyes when I recognized the body to be Esmee's.