Chapter 8

Chapter 8 // Waking up

<Byakuya's POV>

It had been a month since Gin, Sosuke and Kaname betrayed the Soul Society and beheaded Takara and Ganju Arisu. The clan is devastated and waiting for Esmee to wake up from her coma to discuss what happens next for the Arisu clan.

After Ganju and Takara were beheaded, many people attempted to slaughter Sosuke, but not one person could land a single scratch on him. Esmee was the only one who cut him, and if she didn't get stabbed then she could've probably killed Sosuke before he was able to reach to the Land of the Menos.

Ever since she protected me and Rukia, I have come to the Squad Four barracks as much I could while I have been doing my paperwork next to her sleeping form. Every time that I saw her, something would form in my stomach and it felt like an emptiness was being filled. Toshiro, Rangiku, Renji, Rukia, Daisuke, Soi-Fon, Jushiro, Shunsui and many others have visited her during her stay in Squad Four, hoping that she would wake up soon and recover from her life-threatening injuries.

When she got stabbed, I was worried for her and frightened for her. I didn't even know if she was alive. However, when Orihime arrived and saw the state of her, she used her healing powers and managed to heal most of the small wounds, reducing the amount of blood loss.

I was at her side, yet again, doing my paperwork until there was a noise behind the door. Soon enough, the door opened slightly and Toshiro stepped inside the room.

"Greetings, Captain Kuchiki." He welcomed me.

"Morning, Captain Hitsugaya." I responded.

"When do they think she'll wake up?" Toshiro asked.

"I don't know. Many of my questions are still unanswered and I won't get answers until she wakes up." I answered.

"What has Unohana said about the situation?" He questioned.

"Unohana has said that it's a miracle she's still breathing. She had lost a lot of blood and Gin's sword had cut into her lung while Sosuke's had made a deep cut on her back. That's why she had trouble breathing while talking to Gin." I explained.

"Who's going to tell her about her parent's death?" He asked.

"That... I do not know." I responded.

We sat in silence for the next ten minutes, then Toshiro stood up and left the room. He probably had to go and make sure Rangiku was doing her paperwork.

I don't know why, but ever since I have met Esmee I have felt different. It feels like the hole Hisana had left me with a long time ago is being filled every single second my eyes set their gaze upon her.

<Esmee's POV>

I was spinning through a black abyss, I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. Why couldn't I control my own body?

Suddenly, the black abyss disappeared and I could see absolute nothingness until my eyelids fluttered open and the bright light covered my vision.

"E-Esmee?" A voice called out.

"C-Capta-Captain Kuch-Kuchiki." I responded.

━ ENDEARMENT ( byakuya kuchiki. )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara