Chapter 3

Chapter 3 // Friends.

<Esmee's POV>

I have been here for quite a while now, it's been around about two months, and I have got to know a lot of people and have made quite a substantial amount of friends who I thought would hate me when I first laid my eyes on them.

We have recently discovered that Rukia Kuchiki, the adopted sister of Byakuya Kuchiki - the head of a noble clan - gave her soul reaper powers to a human being and is now being executed as soon as possible. However, Ryoka have invaded the Seireitei and it has caused a lot of devastation and stress upon a lot of Shinigami.

I fluttered my eyelids open and stumbled out of my bed. I got ready for the day and got changed into my average soul reaper uniform then tied my hair up as I usually do, using a white ribbon.

I exited my room and made my way towards the Squad Ten office. I gently knocked on the door and waited for a response.

"Come in." I heard my Captain speak.

I entered my office and gazed at my Captain then at my drunken lieutenant who was passed out on the couch.

"She's already drunk?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. Arisu, you may have the day off. Rangiku needs to learn to do her own work." Toshiro grunted.

"Yes Captain. Also, please call me Esmee. People would probably get me confused with my mother and father if everyone called me Arisu all the time." I told him.

"Esmee, I forgot to tell you. Most of Squad Eleven - including Ikkaku and Yumichika - have been taken off the front lines as they were defeated in battle by the Ryoka." Toshiro mentioned.

My eyes widened as the news sunk in.

"Are they okay?" I asked, concerned for my friends.

"They are recovering." He replied.

"Thank you for the update, Captain." I bowed down.

He just nodded and I left the barracks, and made my way over to the Squad Six barracks to visit Byakuya Kuchiki. I knocked on the office door for Squad Six and waited for a response of the unemotional captain.

"Name and Reason?" Byakuya requested.

"Esmee Arisu, I'm sorry to bother you Captain, I just need to talk to you about something." I answered.

"Enter." Byakuya responded as I opened the door to the Squad Six office and stepped inside.

"What do you want Esmee?" Byakuya asked.

"Can't a friend visit another friend when they're bored?" I giggled.

"Who ever said that I was your friend?" Byakuya replied with no emotion, yet again.

"That is so cruel, Captain Kuchiki." I said sarcastically while doing a dramatic faint.

"I don't have time for your pathetic games, Esmee. Can't you see that I'm working?" Byakuya responded, not amused.