Chapter 9

Chapter 9 // Confessions.

<Esmee's POV>

My eyes opened and I sighed when I remembered where I was. I got out of the bed I was laying in and went into the bathroom connected to the room I was staying in and took a bath, afterwards I put on my average Shinigami uniform and tied my hair up using the ribbon that I always used.

After I had got dressed, I lay on the bed and drifted off into my own thoughts. I wasn't aloud to leave the barracks until Retsu said I could so what else could I do? I had nothing to do in this room so I might as well lay down and think about what I am going to do after I get out of these barracks.

I was tugged out of my thoughts when I heard a gentle and delicate knock at the door and a few faint sounds behind it.

"Come in." I spoke.

The door opened to reveal Retsu Unohana as she walked in with her motherly smile plastered on her face.

"How are you feeling today?" Retsu asked kindly.

"I'm feeling much better, thank you." I responded while smiling at her.

"That's good. You can return to the barracks whenever you like if you feel well enough." Retsu told me.

"Okay then. Thank you, Captain Unohana." I thanked her as she left the room.

I stood up and grabbed my zanpakutō which was in the corner of the room and headed out of the door. I strolled down the hallway until I finally got outside and I headed out of the barracks.

I flash stepped towards my own barracks and knocked on at the office door. The sound of an irritated captain yelling at a drunken lieutenant stopped after I had knocked.

"Who is it?" Toshiro asked.

"Esmee Arisu." I responded.

"Enter." Toshiro grumbled.

I opened the door and walked into the office and gazed at the couch which was occupied by the sleeping, drunken lieutenant known as Rangiku.

"Shouldn't you be in Squad Four?" Toshiro asked.

"Captain Unohana has said that I'm well enough to come back to the barracks." I told him. "I'm surprised that she hasn't sent out a hell butterfly to you."

"Okay. Could you wake up Rangiku and get her to do her paperwork? She won't listen to me." Toshiro asked.

"Yes Captain." I responded.

I stepped over to where the passed out, drunken lieutenant was and sighed. I slapped her across the face and she just stirred in her sleep.

"Lieutenant Matsumoto." I called out.

Nothing happened.

"Lieutenant Matsumoto." I repeated louder.

Nothing happened.

"Lieutenant Matsumoto." I repeated again, louder than before.

Nothing happened.