Chapter 5

Chapter 5 // What Happened?

<Esmee's POV>

I opened my eyes and the bright light blinded me. I tightly shut my eyes again, then after a while, I opened them slowly so the blinding light didn't give me a headache.

"Esmee, are you awake?" A familiar voice called out.

"C-Captain Kuch-Kuchiki." I stuttered. "What h-happened?"

"Captain Unohana told me that you collapsed because of how much blood you lost." Byakuya explained.

"Where's C-Captain Hitsu-Hitsugaya?" I asked.

"He left a few minutes ago, I'll tell Captain Unohana you're awake." Byakuya replied.

After a while, the door opened and Unohana walked in with Byakuya.

"Esmee, has Captain Kuchiki explained to you why we think you collapsed?" She asked.

I just nodded in response.

"Was there anything else that happened?" She questioned.

"No." I told her.

"Okay then. I'll send a hell butterfly to your Captain and your parents to let them know that you're awake and will be returning to your barracks immediately." Unohana informed me.

"Thank you." I replied.

Unohana left the room and Byakuya sat down on the chair next to my bed.

"Why didn't you go to Squad Four when you first received the injuries?" Byakuya asked.

"I didn't want to w-worry anyone." I answered.

"Next time, make sure you tell somebody or come straight to Squad Four." He responded. "I'm going back to my barracks, goodbye."

As Byakuya walked out of the room, I felt some sort of pain in my chest, begging for him not to leave me alone. I ignored this feeling as thought it was due to my injuries, so I got out of my bed and got changed into my Shinigami uniform. I tied my hair up and then flash stepped to my barracks and knocked on the office door.

"Enter." My Captain spoke.

I entered the office and my captain looked up at me. Soon after I was engulfed by a large pair of boobs.

"RANGIKU YOU ARE GOING TO KILL HER! SHE HAS JUST COME OUT OF THE SQUAD FOUR BARRACKS AND I DON'T THINK CAPTAIN UNOHANA WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SHE COLLAPSED AGAIN!" Toshiro yelled.

I was soon released and Rangiku apologised, after regaining my breath I turned towards the captain.

"What do you want me to do, Captain?" I asked.

"Complete one stack of Rangiku's paperwork, seeing as she'll never do it herself." Toshiro responded.

"A lady needs a break you know!" Rangiku moaned.

"You always have a break." Toshiro grumbled.

Soon after Toshiro and Rangiku had stopped bickering, Rangiku fell asleep and Toshiro continued with his paperwork. I don't know how Rangiku ever became a Lieutenant to be honest. After a while of completing paperwork, Rangiku had woken up.