Chapter 21

Chapter 21 // Future.

<Esmee's POV>

No matter how much I pleaded, the Head Captain refused to allow me participate in the war between us and Aizen.

"You'll be blinded by your anger." He told me.

So instead I was left behind at the Soul Society with the unseated members. Hooray. Byakuya had been sent to Hueco Mondo along with Unohana, Isane, Hanatoro, Mayuri, Nemu and a few others to help Rukia and Renji who had left without permission to help Ichigo save Orihime.

When Byakuya finally came back after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting, I couldn't even see him because Shunsui had decided to invite me to an urgent meeting immediately that I couldn't even refuse.

I flash stepped towards the Squad Eight barracks and entered the office where Shunsui was waiting for me with a smirk on his face. That's when it hit me that this meeting wasn't urgent at all.

The "urgent" meeting between me and Shunsui had ended a few minutes ago and I was heading back to my barracks. The meeting was Shunsui complaining about Nanao not allowing him to drink sake whenever he pleases, which didn't surprise me at all even though I was expecting some sort of urgency to be brought up in the meeting. I was entering my office until a black, silk blindfold covered my eyes and I wasn't aloud to move or scream for help no matter how much I struggled. I felt slightly scared, but I knew that I could easily just hit this person as soon as I can move or see again, and that calmed me as I thought of ways to brutally slaughter this person.

Suddenly, the cold wind brushed against my face harshly, making me shiver slightly, and I presumed we were flash stepping to another location but I couldn't guess where but did it really matter since this person was going to be dead soon?

When the wind had finally stopped slapping me violently, the blindfold was removed from my eyes and I immediately turned to punch the person who had captured me with all my force and then unsheathe my zanpakutō, but caught my hand just in time when I set my sights upon my handsome, raven-haired lover, Byakuya Kuchiki, who just chuckled slightly at my reaction.

"What're you doing now, Byakuya?" I asked, while admiring the location we were in.

Byakuya had brought me to a stunning location, where we could overlook the Seireitei while thousands of cherry blossom petals flew gracefully beside us. The sight was astonishing, and I wished that I could just sit there and gaze at the view forever.

Suddenly, I was spun around to look at Byakuya whose soft lips crashed into mine unexpectedly. This shocked me slightly, but then I relaxed and kissed him back. We kissed for what seemed like hours, but was only minutes, until we pulled apart and Byakuya gripped tightly onto both of my pale hands and I felt like he was going to cut my circulation off.

"Esmee, I love you so much. After Hisana died a long time ago, I thought I would never be able to love again and a huge hole was left in my heart. I became emotionless and didn't care about many things. All of that changed when I first laid my eyes on you. That gaping hole that was left has now been filled and now I care for plenty of things, one of those things being you." Byakuya began.

At this point, tears were threatening to spill down my cheeks but I hid them, nobody had ever complimented me so much before and I was emotional. Suddenly, Byakua got down onto one knee and I felt a hot tear trickle down my soft cheek.

"Esmee Arisu, will you marry me?" He asked while pulling out a perfect diamond ring that glistened brightly as the sun reflected onto it.

"Of course I will!" I exclaimed as tears began to cover my cheeks and I ran into Byakuya's muscular arms.

Suddenly, I saw all of our friends leap out from behind the Sakura trees and rush towards us, enveloping us in a large hug, much to Byakuya's dislike.

"You did this all for me?" I questioned.

"I would do anything for you." Byakuya responded as he kissed me softly on the cheek.

•Time Skip - 1 Year•

I glared at myself in the mirror and admired the gorgeous, long, white gown I was wearing as my beautiful, long, white, curly hair floated down my shoulders gracefully.

"You look beautiful, Esmee." Rukia spoke from beside me.

"Ready to become my sister-in-law?" I smiled.

"Of course I am." She beamed.

"We're ready for you, Esmee." A heard a male voice say.

I turned around to see my brother, Daisuke, standing at the door wearing a white and black suit, looking smart and handsome.

"Let's go." I spoke.

We entered the room where the wedding was going to be held and everybody stood up as I walked down the aisle with my brother next to me. When I reached to where Byakuya was standing, I could see a beaming smile plastered on his face as he gazed at me with love filling his eyes.

"We are here today to celebrate the love of Byakuya Kuchiki and Esmee Arisu."

•Time Skip because I'm lazy•

"Do you, Byakuya Kuchiki, take Esmee Arisu to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Esmee Arisu, take Byakuya Kuchiki to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride."

Byakuya pulled me in for a beautiful kiss filled with so much passion and emotion and I never wanted to let go. This was the man I loved and this was the man I wanted to spend my entire life with.

•Time Skip - 2 Years•

My long, white hair was braided and lying over my shoulder while I sat on the luscious, green grass as I gazed over to my raven-haired, handsome husband who was talking to my beautiful two year old son.

It's strange how quickly your life can turn around, a few years ago I had lost my parents and thought I wouldn't be able to cope with life, but here I am today raising children of the next generation with my husband, Byakuya Kuchiki, head of the noble Kuchiki Clan and Captain of Squad 6.

I was tugged out of my deep thoughts when I heard a faint chuckle, I gazed at my arms to see my gorgeous, baby girl staring into my eyes with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"Remember to always keep that beautiful smile on your face, okay? Because we never know what the future is going to bring, that's what makes it so exciting, but frightening at the same time. But one thing I can tell you about the future, is that it all turns out to be beautiful." I whispered to her as a cherry blossom gracefully flew past us.

•Author's Note•

And that marks the end of this beautiful story. I hope you enjoyed and comment down below if you have any suggestions.