Chapter 14

Chapter 14 // Unconscious.

<Toshiro's POV>

"ESMEE! WAKE UP!" I yelled with desperation.

I soon realised that there was no point in calling her, she had lost too much blood. I picked up her unconscious form and cradled her close to my chest. I began to flash step to the Squad Four barracks and when I arrived, I ran through the halls trying to find the strongest healer's attention.

"Captain Unohana!" I called out when my eyes finally gazed upon her.

Retsu snapped her head my way and her eyes widened at the sight of the bloodied girl lying in my arms. She rushed over towards me and studied Esmee before muttering a single word.

"Come this way." She ordered.

I did as she said and followed her into a different room and lay Esmee on the bed as I sat next to her side, praying she would be okay.

"What happened to her?" Retsu asked while she began to treat her wounds.

"I don't know. I wanted to speak to her, so I went to her office and Lieutenant Hisagi told me that she went out a while ago and hasn't returned. I tried to locate her spiritual pressure and when I did I realized it was decreasing dramatically. I flash stepped over then and when I walked into the kitchen she was collapsed on the floor with blood surrounding her and a knife by her side." I explained.

"Do you think this was an attempt of suicide?" She asked.

"I'm sorry, Captain. I have no clue." I told her.

"She has deep cuts on her arm, which was probably from the knife. Could you tell the Captains and Lieutenants about what has happened? However, just mention that she is unconscious at the a Squad Four barracks, don't explain why as of this moment." She ordered.

"Yes." I replied as I left the room.

A hell butterfly appeared and I told it to send a message to all Lieutenants and Captains.

"This is a message to all Squad Captains and Lieutenants. Captain Arisu of Squad Nine was found unconscious. She is now in the care of Captain Unohana. That is all."

Soon after the hell butterfly flew away, multiple Captains and Lieutenants came down to the Squad Four barracks.

"How is she?" Shunsui asked

"I don't know." I answered.

"Do you know what happened?" Jushiro questioned.

"No. Captain Unohana has a faint idea, but she isn't certain." I replied.

Suddenly, a thought popped into my head and I began to get blinded with rage.

"If anything occurs with Esmee, inform me immediately." I ordered.

I flash stepped away before any of them could ask me any questions. I arrived at the Squad Six barracks and made my way to the office. I knocked on the door furiously and awaited the response of a heartless captain that has black hair and grey eyes.