Chapter 13

Chapter 13 // Broken.

<Esmee's POV>

I awakened from my peaceful slumber and leapt out of my bed. I had a warm shower and then put on my Shinigami robes along with my Captain's Haori. I brushed my hair, making sure to get rid of all the knots, and left it resting on my shoulders, then I grabbed my zanpakutō, which was left in the corner of my room, and left my house.

I made my way over to my office and sat down at my desk. I glanced at the few pieces of paperwork that remained scattered over my desk. I organized them into a pile then picked up the first piece and began to complete them.

After a few minutes of complete silence, there was a gentle knock at the door. I took my attention away from the paperwork and gazed up towards the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Lieutenant Hisagi." The voice answered.

"Enter." I responded.

The door slid open and Shuhei tumbled in. He took a seat at his desk and completed a few pieces of paperwork that were left.

I completed a few pieces of paperwork then gazed at the clock.

"Shuhei, I need to go out for a while. Would you mind completing the rest of the paperwork until I return?" I asked.

"Yes, Captain." He responded.

I stood up from my desk and I placed the remaining pieces of paperwork on his desk then exited the office, shutting the door behind me. I flash stepped over to the Squad Six barracks and knocked on the Squad Six Office door then waited for an irritated Renji or an emotionless Byakuya to respond.

"Name and Reason?" Byakuya asked.

"Captain Arisu, I have come to speak to Captain Kuchiki." I spoke.

"Enter." He replied.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I gazed around the room to see only Byakuya was present.

"Where is Renji?" I questioned.

"He is on a mission in the World of the Living." He answered.

"Okay then." I grinned.

"Why are you here?" Byakuya asked.

"Can't I see my boyfriend?" I giggled.

Byakuya tore his attention away from his work and gazed up at me, with sadness filling his face. I began to get concerned, did I say something wrong?

"What's wrong, Byakuya?" I asked.

"I don't think this will work, Esmee." He responded.

My eyes widened as what I realized what he had meant. Tears threatened to pour down my face.

"W-What? Why?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Captain Arisu." He apologized.

"Why?" I repeated, more stern.