Chapter 15

Chapter 15 // A Date.

<Esmee's POV>

I felt a tight grip on my hand as I squirmed around, then I opened my eyelids and gazed at my hand. I saw Byakuya gripping onto my pale hands while he was resting peacefully in his chair with his long raven locks drooping over his slate, grey eyes.

I couldn't remember absolutely anything and I attempted to remember the last thing I did before I lost consciousness and the only thing that came into my mind was me opening and slamming several cabinets, then all the memories came flooding back to me far too quickly and I gasped out of shock and began to panic. My breathing quickened and tears flooded down my cheeks.

The sudden noise and movement made Byakuya awaken and his grey eyes widened when he set his sights upon a panicked version of me. Byakuya leapt out of his seat while releasing his grip of my hand and rushed towards me, stroking my long, black locks that draped over the hospital bed, in an attempt to calm me.

"Esmee, what's wrong?" Byakuya asked, worried and confused.

"B-Byakuya." I sobbed.

"It's okay, I'm here." He whispered as he embraced me in a tight and loving hug.

I clutched tightly onto his Captain's Haori until I was completely drained of tears. I wiped the wet substance off my soft cheeks and gazed up at the handsome man known as Byakuya, who had a loving expression plastered over his face. He pulled away and gripped onto my hand while he sat back down in his chair.

Then, Retsu strolled into the room and gave me a motherly smile that I adored. I always stayed on the good side of Retsu, because your life is literally in her hands.

"Captain Arisu, how are you feeling?" She asked in her usual motherly tone.

"I'm fine, thank you." I responded with a grin.

"Good, that means you'll be able to leave the barracks whenever you want." She smiled.

"Thank you, Captain." I spoke.

I tugged the covers off me and got out of the hospital bed I was laying in. I was already in my Shinigami uniform along with my captain's Haori, so I brushed my black hair and tied it up, then picked up my zanpakutō and turned to face Byakuya who stood up out of his chair.

He approached me then took my pale hand and practically dragged me out of the barracks. We flash stepped over to the Ninth division barracks and Byakuya embraced me tightly with a warm and loving hug before flash stepping towards his own division.

I slid open the door to the office and gazed inside to set my sights upon a fatigued Shuhei asleep at his desk with all the frustrating and stressful paperwork completed. I stepped inside the room and came closer to his sleeping form.

"You'll never take a break, will you?" I sighed.

I went over to the cupboards and found a cream coloured blanket lying around, so I picked it up and placed it over him. Afterwards, I took the completed paperwork from his desk and placed it with the rest of them. Then, a hell butterfly flew through the window and landed on my finger.

"Come to the Squad Six Office at 6:00pm and wear something nice." The message read, it was obviously Byakuya.

I sat down at my desk and thought about what I would wear tonight until I was pulled out of my thoughts by a whining noise. I gazed over at Shuhei who seemed to be stirring in his sleep, then he slowly opened his eyes and glared around the room. His eyes widened when he set his sights upon me.

"C-Captain you're back!" He exclaimed.

"Yep, and you overwork yourself." I giggled. "Go and get some rest, Shuhei."

He nodded then stood up out of his chair and left the office. I sighed then checked the time and decided to head back to my manor.

I flash stepped towards my large manor and received bows of respect from the guards. I entered the house and made my way towards my bedroom. I slid open the door and stepped inside then began browsing the clothes I had in my wardrobe. I found a beautiful, violet kimono that had swirls imprinted on it. I decided to lay it on my bed while I took a steaming, hot, luxurious bath.

After my bath, I dried my hair and put on the gorgeous, violet kimono. I then decided to straighten my black hair and let it lay on my shoulders. After I had picked out some shoes, I gazed at the time and saw I had about fifteen minutes to get to Byakuya's office.

I flash stepped towards the Squad Six barracks then made my way towards the office. I knocked gently on the door and Byakuya opened the door and greeted me before blindfolding me and gripping tightly onto my pale hand.

I could feel a cold breeze fly past me and I instantly knew we were flash stepping to a different location. When the breeze had stopped, Byakuya pulled the silk blindfold away from my eyes and the sight I saw was breath-taking.

Byakuya had brought me to a beautiful hill which was surrounded by cherry blossom trees that overlooked that Seireitei. I couldn't help but release a smile.

There was a bench under one of the cherry blossom trees and we decided to seat ourselves there. Byakuya put his arm around my shoulder and kept me close to him and I didn't want to move.

"Esmee." Byakuya spoke.

"Yes, Byakuya." I responded.

"Would you like to come to my manor for dinner tomorrow along with the elders?" He asked.

I was shocked at first, then panic began to settle inside of me but I knew I had to accept his offer.

"I would love to." I grinned, hiding all my panicked thoughts.