The End(Part 2)

(Aragon POV)
Today was the battle. The plan was to distract the eye so Frodo and Sam could destroy the ring. We were all scared. Legolas still hasn't come out of his tent. We were almost ready so I went to his tent. I was scared to say anything in case he broke. I finally gathers the courage and asked,
"Legolas, the battle is near. Are you ready?" He did not answer. But then he came out. His armor was spectacular. Every little detail was crafted with such care. All I could do was stare in aw.
Legolas just smirked."I made this when I was 7. One my most prized possessions."
"You were only 7 and it fits you?"
"I'm an elf. Anything can happen."
With that they both chuckled. But they stopped remembering that they were at war.
"Are you ready Legolas?" This was to much. His friend was going to die, but they didn't now how. So they stationed Gimli to help Legolas.
"As a prince, no. But from my heart, I am scared to death." With that, they went to there horses and we're ready for this terrible battle to come.

(Sorry, to lazy to write the scene.)
The battle had begun. It looked hopeless. The orcs surrounded the soldiers they had. The men raised there spears and yelled a mighty war cry. The fellowship jumped off there horses and ran to battle. It was a gruesome scene, but the soldiers thought of there wives and children. The war seemed like hours. But only few minutes. The routine was the same. Hacked, slash, roll, repeat. Then, the eyes tower collapsed and an earthquake started. The orcs ran for there life. But many fell and died. But, a bone chilling scream was heard. Everyone silenced. No one knew who it was, but it scared that to a extreme. Everyone saw where the scream was, and most regretted it. What they saw was horrifying. Legolas was impaled with two swords, a dagger in his leg, and one long gash along his back. What they saw when they took in the details they saw that he saved Gimli's life. The fellowship ran to his aid, but they knew what this meant. He foresaw this.
"Legolas.....why?" Gimli couldn't believe that his friend saved him. Aragon tried to hold his tears.
"I'm going to take the swords out, but it will hurt, alright?" All Legolas could do was nod, for breathing hurt. Aragon slowly took out the swords. Legolas's face contorted in pain. But finally, they were able to get the swords and dagger out.
"Please.....don't.......cry." Legolas could barley breath. He hated that his friends cried over him because of his actions. They just kept crying, but smiled at there friends antics.
"Tell my......father........that is was......not his fault. I.....couldn't.......have asked for better.......friends." His last tear fell and his last breath was taken. They cried harder. Aragon scoped him up and held him tight. He whispered, "you where like a brother to me Legolas." And he yelled at the sky for everything. His friend, all the deaths, war, this cruel world. The soldiers went on their knees and some cried. Gandulf stood and put a hand on Aragon's shoulder and spook.
"We must go back to Mina's Tirath. The Eagles will take him."
"I will not leave my brother like that! I will carry him!" He will not leave his brother in all but blood.
"The horse will grow tired, we will have to stop more often." Gandulf tried to reason with Aragon.
"You can carry him into Mina's Tirath." Finally, Aragon gave in. The soldiers took cloth to cover his body and to let the Eagles take him. The trip back was the worst. No one talked, just mourned for the only one who lost their life that were flying over their heads.

When they reached Mina's Tirath, the Eagles set him down and they got him ready to take him through the gates. They got a bed ready for him. The soldiers all had tears flowing down their faces. The fellowship had the most though. It was time to tell the people.

(In Mina's Tirath)
The guards and people hoped that the war they fought was in their favor. Then, the guards saw the army! They were so happy! They won the battle! The guards cheered, and told the people and they rejoiced! They gathered at the gates, the children running around pretending to be a soldiers. The women and children were exited to see there fathers. But what they saw was the worst thing ever. The gates opened. The soldiers came in, the fellowship first. But, the cheering ceased, and heartbreak filled their hearts. The men were crying, for they carried a fallen warrior. They recognized the fallen one as the prince of Mirkwood. The kids saw him as a hero, and cheered. But they saw no movement of his body. They soon found out he died in battle. The crowd followed the army. They went up to the palace and Gandulf told the story of he'd fallen and his true self. The men went to their wife's and children and cried. The news travels fast. Soon all of mean, dwarves, and elves knew. But Elrond would tell Thranduil himself.

That day

A friend

A brother

A warrior

A son

Died that day

Legolas GreenLeaf Prince of GreenWood