1-800-Cinderella (26)

I was inspired today so I wrote for you all. There is ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT and then an epilogue. Then I'm wiping my hands of this story. I can't believe this will be the second book that I am going to be able to say I've finished. I could cry right now... But I won't.  Also, I have new ideas for new stories after this one is all done. Look in the comments field for the link to them and tell me what story you would like the best. Tell me what you think of this chapter :)

Never in all of my life have I ever really experienced the feeling of family and closeness, not until now anyways. If there were roles in my little makeshift family, it would go like so…

I would be the mother and Rye would be the businessman of a father. Ben would be the kiddo, Nancy his horrible older sister. Naifah would be my sister and Lesley would be my crazy cousin. Logan would be the weird uncle that everyone can’t help but to love anyways.

It was like a family reunion at Rye’s house right now. I thought it was really cute that he invited everyone over for breakfast. Pam didn’t seem to like it that much for she kept scowling at everyone but there was nothing I could do to fix that. I also have never noticed how fat everyone was. They all had like ten pieces of bacon to themselves. I don’t think I’ve ever cooked that much in all my life. Good think Rye’s fridge was packed. I apologized for my greedy friends and he just shrugged, not really minding at all. In fact, all he was doing the entire time was smiling and laughing. I think he truly enjoyed the company.

He really got a kick out of Logan of all people. As soon as Logan found out that Rye was who I slept with from his “gay cupid intuition’” he was like all over Rye, barging him with questions about me. After a while, I stopped feeling embarrassed and just let it all happen.

“So, Rye, how many girls have you slept with in your lifetime?” Logan asked, leaning up against the countertop as Rye washed dishes beside me. All of the women in the room including Pam and I eagerly awaited his answer.

Unabashed, Rye laughed, drying a plate. “Less than fifteen but no more than fifteen.”

I snorted, arm deep in suds while washing a skillet. “That’s easy, the number is thirteen.”

Rye turned to face me and then splashed me with water. “Shh, you Goddess of a guesser!”

“It’s her amazing gambling skills, that’s why she’s so good at guessing,” Nancy joked.

Pam rolled her eyes and then went back to reading her magazine. If she hated me so much, why was she even sticking around?

“It’s really thirteen? Wow, Rye, you got around,” Lesley purred.

Snickering, Rye shook his head. “Not really. I slept with two girls in high school, seven in college, and three as an adult out on my own.”

“So Pam and Cindy are two out of that three, eh?” Logan waggled his eyebrows. Pam glowered at him. Everyone started laughing.

“Okay...Okay...Settle down guys. I’m not discussing anything. Make yourselves useful and clean the table or something.” Rye threw a dishrag at Nancy and she laughed, wiping down the table.

When everyone was finally calmed down or in reality their food just started to truly settle, they all went into the living room to scope through Rye’s immense amount of movie channels. Pam disappeared into some room and Ben was playing in the game room, super excited with Fan Fan at his side.

I was curled up in Rye’s lap on his bed. “Does Pam live with you still?”

“Oh, you heard about her and I, huh?”

“Yeah, were you ever going to tell me?” I looked up at him and he paused on his caressing of my hair.

“Yeah, someday, if we were to ever get really serious and what not.”