1-800-Cinderella (4)

HELLO WORLD! Lmao. I'm kidding. Anyways, sorry for the delay I was out of town... but I'm back so here is your chapter. VOTE VOTE VOTE Because I heard it works out the fingers... and in four more years you can be in the Olympics for Finger Voting. It's a TRUE sport, so start working those fingers LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I crack myself up :D

**************************************************************************************************************

There are all these movies where people go out to eat at these amazing cafes and I always thought, pfft, there aren’t any real cafes. Ha! I lied to myself for all of these years. As Rye led me into Margot’s Café, I couldn’t help but to think that I was a tad bit lost in this little building. It was homey, warm, and smelled of coffee and muffins. All the people in here had laptops, a book, or some legit cellular device out while they sipped at their beverages. In all honesty, it looked kind of cool to be in here.

With his hand on the small of my back, Rye headed for a nice little table by the window and I took a seat across from him. For some reason, my stomach was twisted into knots with butterflies swarming among it. I had no idea why a man as hot as him would try to take me out. I had no idea why a man as hot as him would be a freaking janitor. I had no idea why a man as hot as him would not spend his time with another worthy woman.

Maybe I was a tad bit shy for I am not the dating type of gal, but in my defense, I think men like him go for supermodels and such. This wasn’t Twilight the real life version, this was reality and it was sucking so far what with this new hotel job. There was no advantage for me like Rye not being able to read my mind—or me being simply amazing on the inside or something. I don’t know, I just wanted to get this over with so I could return to my house without it being burned down. Knowing Nancy, she’d be in cahoots with Ben and they’d make a bonfire out of the remains.

“I feel like your brain is thinking about a billion things all at the same time right now,” Rye mused, smiling at me.

I jumped in my seat, a warm blush spreading across my cheeks. “Sorry, I was just a bit distracted. Were you saying something?”

“Not yet, but I was thinking about it.” He winked at me, teasing.

I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat. Why did he ask me out? He was a janitor for crying out loud! Didn’t he want to…I don’t know…Go home or something? Men, I just will never be able to understand them, just like how I can’t understand how Trevor doesn’t know I am Cinderella. Aren’t our voices the exact same, except for when I add a flirty lilt to it? God, no one can be that oblivious, can they? Maybe I was just a great actress and had no idea I had the ability after all of these years. I am so freaking out right now—I’m even talking myself to death. What if Rye really could read minds? Then he’d see how crazy I am and run off like a good boy.

I looked up to find Rye’s eyes latched onto my face and that made me even hotter. I must have been off in la la land again. He’s going to think I am insane even though I am not insane. I just have a lot on my mind. Who wouldn’t have a lot of their mind at a time like this? I mean, I just got asked out by a hot. Freaking. Janitor guy! This stuff doesn’t happen every day. I was in like some alternate dimension where the wrong guy paid attention to me. Where was Trevor when I needed him? No, I don’t even want Trevor. Nancy wants me to be with Trevor! Gah! Everything was melting together, my brain was frying. Overload! Overload! Overload! I fanned myself with my hand and ran my hands through my hair with my distress.

Rye threw back his head and laughed. “Your face is just priceless. It alternates between regret, sadness, nerves, anger, confusion, thoughtful, and then back again. My guess is either of two things: Either you have another man in your life or you haven’t been on a date in a while.”