1-800-Cinderella (6)

I'm soon about to return to school. After this update I can't guarantee you a four or five day wait before an upload because school is my number one priority of course ha. But... I will always try my utmost best to get here and write :D Remember to VOTE and I LOVE your COMMENTS. :D Enjoy XD

****************************************************************************************************************

Ben was in a fantastic mood this morning…Not! The little devil wouldn’t quit pestering me about buying him this huge science kit thing. I just wasn’t a fan of the idea of him burning my whole apartment complex down. I’d have to pay for that and I’m not the wealthiest person in the world. No matter how many times I told him a firm no, he had another thing to say to plead his case. Ben could be a lawyer, teacher, doctor—scientist… anything he wanted to be that involved using a brain cell or the ability to talk. Lord forbids if he became a spokesperson for any particular product.

“Are you even listening to me?” Ben whined from the backseat of the car.

I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time. “Yes, Ben, I am a dutiful listener, hence my job. I just don’t think you need a science kit thing right now.”

“Why not?” He crossed his arms, pouting a bit. “Plus, it’s not a science kit thing—it’s a science laboratory training implement.”

I sighed. “Regardless of what it is, Ben, you do not need it. You cause enough problems as it is, plus, you are still not entirely forgiven for the exploding lunch bag thing.”

He groaned. “I cleaned it up!”

“Be good at school.” I stopped the car and he sighed, running out and up the school steps.  God, being a mom was so not easy.

~.~

Naifah, Lesley, and I took call, after call, after call and not once did we really ever get a break. I freaking hate this job. I’d rather go on a blind date than do this stressful work. Actually, a blind date doesn’t sound too bad. I mean, I get a free meal, a free nice night out, and a nice guy to spend time with. Wait… that means Nancy would have to take care of Ben and who knows what she would watch that night. Also, what if the guy was like ugly or something or made me pay? Oh no, blind dates don’t sound too snazzy after all!

So far, Lesley has taken most of her calls correctly and Trevor hasn’t shown up in the lobby, thank God. Naifah still decided to dress extra office sexy today. It’s not like I have a problem with her, it just caused Lesley to make faces behind her back. It was like high school all over again—minus the fact that my sister wasn’t whoring around every few seconds. The elevator door dinged and I sunk in my chair expecting Trevor.

“What do you know? Mrs. Devil decided to show up,” Lesley muttered, popping away at her gum. I chuckled into my hand.

“If it isn’t the old employee and quite a few newbies,” Fran drawled. I scratched my forehead. God, I hate this woman. “What brings you back here?” She stopped in front of Lesley.

“Oh, you know I can’t resist such a fabulous job.” Lesley smiled. Naifah snorted and answered a new call.

Fran rolled her eyes. “You disgust me with your ability to be pretty.”

“Do you mean inability?” I raised an eyebrow and then slapped a hand over my mouth. Way to go, Cindy, bring attention to yourself.

“Did I tell you to correct my mistake?” She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Are you admitting you made a mistake?” Naifah asked, putting the phone down.

Fran’s eyes lit up. “What are you doing here?” She walked over and kissed both of Naifah’s cheeks in greeting. “If you wanted a job, all you had to do was ask. I could have had you working for me in no time with better pay. It’s not too late to switch over, you know?” She winked.